Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugins for WordPress integration

Viewing 9 replies - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I think if your blog is at dearauthor.com/wordpress, then

$bb->wp_home and $bb->wp_siteurl are both wrong – they don’t point to the blog but just the domain name. I think they should be:

$bb->wp_home = 'http://dearauthor.com/wordpress'; //

$bb->wp_siteurl = 'http://dearauthor.com/wordpress'; //

Also, your require once is different than mine, but that might be unrelated. This is the only one I have in my config.php:

require_once( BBPATH . 'bb-settings.php' );

I think the wp_home and wp_siteurl might be wrong. Did you go to WordPress – Options->General: Blog address (URL) and WordPress – Options->General: WordPress address (URL) and verify that the settings are the same there?

I have tried that. It seems to me that it is not looking at either the right database (ie., the wordpress database is different than the bbpress database) or it needs to have the “bb_” prefix instead of the “wp_” prefix.

i.e., when I change $bb->wp_table_prefix = 'wp_'; to $bb->wp_table_prefix = 'bb_';, I no longer get the error, but then I am also not getting the wordpress users either.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The site issue and the database issues do seem like separate things. That was the first thing that caught my eye though (the URLs.)

my database has bbpress_ tables (like bbpress_forums, bbpress_posts, etc) and wp_ tables (like wp_links, wp_users, wp_usermeta etc)

My config.php (bbpress) has this for the DB stuff:

$bb_table_prefix = 'bbpress_';

$bb->wp_table_prefix = 'wp_';

And mine just works with user integration like that. Is is possible that including the ‘http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/wp-config.php’ is overwriting something? I didn’t have to include that, and just have the one other require there. Why is that included for yours (did you read something I didn’t maybe?)

Looking at your original error:

'dearauth_bbdb.wp_users' doesn't exist

the table prefix there is set to dearauth_bbdb somehow. Maybe you forgot to close a quote or something? Or did you edit your config before posting it (i.e. it’s not the actual, but it’s edited without the same error maybe?) You didn’t post the MySQL and bbpress config stuff from the top of the config.php.

Just guessing, but maybe we’ll get it.

I just realized that there was information regarding a person with an external database. My wordpress database was different than my bbpress database. So I needed to add the following information

// This is the information about wordpress database. bbPress will look for users in this database

define(‘USER_BBDB_NAME’, ‘wordpress_database’);

define(‘USER_BBDB_USER’, ‘wordpress_database_username’);

define(‘USER_BBDB_PASSWORD’, ‘wordpress_database_password’);

define(‘USER_BBDB_HOST’, ‘localhost’);

The problem is now that I don’t have admin privileges at bbpress.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Maybe this will help:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/462?replies=4

p.s. glad you figured the first part out.

Pilkster – were you ever able to get it working?

I have recently installed bbpress and then created a new directory named my-plugins, where I have also placed bbpress integration.

The problem is whilst I can SEE (thus activate bbpress integration plugin) I can NOT see display-name.php plugin under site management. I have definitely uploaded it.

raumgleiter

@raumgleiter

I have the integration working. Got wordpress in the root and bbpress in a subfolder called /forum.

When I register on wordpress, the user is displayed as subscriber in WP and as member in bbpress. so all is correct.

But if I register on bbpress, then the user is “member” in bbpress but in WP it gets no role at all.

Second problem is that bbpress doesnt seem to send out any confirmation email although I can see new users in the backoffice.

BOTH plugins are installed and seem to be working fine.

so1o
    Participant

@so1o

Viewing 9 replies - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar