Skip to:

Plugin Request – RSS Feed Import

• SteveFree

I want to convert from my phpBB forum to bbPress however I need 1 more plugin to make it happen.

I need a Plugin for bbPress which will monitor RSS feed’s and post new items into bbPress as a post.

Does anyone know of a free plugin which does this today?

For WordPress, I’m using the Plugin – FeedWordpress

URL –

It works great and has many great options. Hopefully something exists for bbPress.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer

I have heard of WordPress widgets being used to show the latest bbPress entries in a blog, but nothing I know of that will create a new entry in bbPress from an RSS feed.

Could you use bbSync to follow the RSS items that are imported into WordPress to create the new bbPress topics?

Or, would RSS2HTML help at all (it wouldn’t make new topics in bbPress)?

bbSync would be fine however I want to import RSS feeds from blogs other than mine. Importing from my WordPress blog just won’t do it.

I thought about possibly using feedwordpress plugin to pull the topics into wordpress then use bbSync to pull the topics into bbPress but…… that’s getting pretty ugly and I really don’t want to pull external feeds into my blog……

Would prefer to find a plugin which I can just point at a feed and it will create new topics into a forum of my choice (per rss feed).

Will being able to bring in other blogs into posts on your bbpress be part of v1.0?

If there’s been any progress on a tool like this, I’m definitely interested.

I’m interested as well. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar