Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugin: Forums Moderators

• so1o
    Participant

@so1o

will enable features to give moderators forum specific privileges. This plugin will by disable all privileges for the moderator by default and will need to be given explicit privileges for each forum he needs access to.

The admin menu can accessed by keymaster from Admin > User > Forum Moderators

http://www.adityanaik.com/projects/plugins/bb-forum-moderators/

Please leave your comments, bugs and feedback at this forum

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Oh sweet!! I’ll have to check this one out then, probably after I get that Private Message plugin working.. lol! ;) :)

spencerp

thomasklaiber

@thomasklaiber

A very nice plugin.

I tried it out and everything worked perfectly, very nice!

peiqinglong

@peiqinglong

Very cool! Gonna try this!

Can you expend this so only mods and admins can start new topics in a certain forum and members cant?

giantsfan

@giantsfan

Having some issues with this plugin. I’m able to access forum Users->Forum Moderators from my admin panel and can also update moderator privileges for specific users here. The updates seem to stick and appear correct on this page, however they do not seem to actually effect the user (moderators) themselves.

When I log in as one of these moderators whom I’ve assigned to a specific forum, they are still able to moderator any forum I have created, whether they are assinged as a moderator to it or not, so basically they have global moderator privileges.

Am I missing something?

giantsfan

@giantsfan

using 0.8

giantsfan

@giantsfan

FYI, I modified the plug-in slightly to prevent moderators from messing with other forums they are not assigned to by this plug-in in bbpress version 0.8.

changed function forum_moderators_process_capacities in forum-moderators.php, added some additional filters:

$filtering_caps = array(

'manage_topics' ,

'edit_closed' ,

'edit_deleted' ,

'browse_deleted' ,

'edit_others_tags' ,

'edit_others_topics' ,

'manage_posts' ,

'ignore_edit_lock' ,

'edit_others_posts',

'delete_posts',

'delete_topics',

'close_topics',

'stick_topics',

'move_topics',

'moderate'

);

added filters:

delete_topics’,

‘close_topics’,

‘stick_topics’,

‘move_topics’,

‘moderate

don’t know exactly what I’m doing but that hacked seemed to do what I want.

so1o
    Participant

@so1o

hey GiantsFan

you’ve done the right thing. the forum moderators plugin is missing the capabilities which were added as part of release 0.8.

Go Giants!

How do i set this to where everyone can read the section but the admin is the only one who can mess with it? I dont want the moderators to have access to moderate it.

so1o
    Participant

@so1o

if you dont assign a moderator to a forum then only key master can moderate the forum..

Well i have a moderator set for one forum called general. I have another forum called announcements and news and she can delete stuff out of that section. I just downloaded this mod so im assuming this is the newest version. Do the moderators have full forum mod rights?

so1o
    Participant

@so1o

if you set the moderator for the general forum she will not have access to moderate the Annoucement forum.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I added GiantFan’s additional filters, but my “tester” can still post to all forums. Using 8.2.1

so1o
    Participant

@so1o

hey kannued..

the plugin is for moderators restriction.. it will not prevent any one from posting..

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Is there anything that will restrict posting in a forum to only certain people?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar