Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Please help – locked out of my own bbpress

• englishlangprof

@englishlangprof

Please can anyone help. I tried to integrate bbpress with my wordpress blog by going into bbpress admin page and doing something with -wp admin

Now none of my users or me as admin are recognised and it won’t even send me an e mail.

Is there any way back in?????

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• englishlangprof

@englishlangprof

I forgot to give the address:

http://englishforuniversity.com/forum/bbpress/

maybe a bit more about what you did “something to do with wp-admin”? are you sharing the same database for wordpress and bbpress?

i just tried to register and see you’re problem..

[Table ‘englisl5_bulletinboard.wp_users’ doesn’t exist]

…so you were installing to share your user table with wordpress,

are you able to look at your database?

englishlangprof

@englishlangprof

Ermm, is that my sql database in the cpanel of my hoster?

let’s take that as a no. go to this page bb-admin/options-wordpress.php

go down to User database table prefix the value there should be “wp_” is it?

englishlangprof

@englishlangprof

Hmm. I think that because it doesn’t recognise anybody I can’t get to that page at all.

the first thing I would do at this point is get a backup of your database. In Cpanel, (i don’t use) i’m sure there’s a myphpadmin button somewhere. Call you’re host and get em to point you to it. once there.. hit export, and get a .sql format and export again to one you can read (excel). I’m guessing here, but it looks like the prefix on the user tables is the problem. englisl5_bulletinboard. is not being found but the rest of your tables are.. or perhaps when you tried to “doing something” with wp-admin, you meant wp-config.php check in that file .. and this line. “$table_prefix = ‘wp_’;” .. or if you can give me more info on what you did perhaps i can help.

You should just be able to edit your bb-config.php in /forum/bbpress/

Look for $bb_table_prefix = ‘englisl5_’; and change englisl5_ to what ever is set in your WordPress wp-config.php

englishlangprof

@englishlangprof

Actually I made such a mess of it all that I uninstalled and started again!! I only had a few posts.

Thanks guys!

My real need is to have nice big comment boxes like these ones on this page under my blog posts in my blog http://englishforuniversity.com

Does that mean that I have to choose a whole new theme do you think?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

@englishlangprof please start a new topic for that question. Thanks.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar