Categories
Search
Bottom

Please Help – Forum order Problem

• vizcano
    Participant

@vizcano

Hello everyone!

This is my problem: i was creating my forums they were in alphabetical order but at some point it got all mess out, is not in alphabetical order anymore. I tried to set the order inside each forum with the Order section and it still doesn’t work.

I used to have it in the past and it worked just fine. But now i can’t get it to look properly.

I disable all other plugins and the problem persists…

I have wordpress 4.2.2 and bbpress 2.5.8

Anyone… help?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Well I am going to assume that you knew that it should be sequential numbers when ordering the forums. But really this is weird, only cache comes to mind really?? You can try clearing any cache then as a test put the forum list widget in your sidebar to see if it is different there or not.

vizcano
    Participant

@vizcano

hi Robkk
    thanks for your anser.

if by secuencial numbers you mean 1, 2, 3, 4 … etc… yes i tried that, even starting from 0.

i also tried the widget they are all mess out too…

i dont know where to clear cache… can you tell me?

Robkk

@robkk

Do you have a cache plugin?

vizcano
    Participant

@vizcano

i have w3 total cache… but i dont really know how to use it… i configure it with some instructions from youtube…

Robkk

@robkk

There should be a clear cache button at the top of the WordPress toolbar. I suspect it to be just page cache so just clear that.

vizcano
    Participant

@vizcano

Hi robkk thanks for your answer.

i tried what you said and it didnt work. i even turn off every plugin, and yet it didnt work… 🙁

i dont know what alse to do… i am thinking on deleting all the 50 forums :.( and start all over again to see if this changes…

Robkk

@robkk

can you order your other site pages okay??

vizcano
    Participant

@vizcano

I used to have it in my previous web site… but i loosed my site and i had to make it from scratch… and it is the only web site i have.

At the beginning it was in alphabetical order.. When i was about 25 forums maybe more or less it got all mess out… but in my dashboard i can see it in alphabetical order… is in the web site where is all mess out.

I was thinking is there a way to back up the forums?… so i could delete them all and upload the back up? Maybe this would make a difference? i don’t know… is just a though.. I am really new at this.

Robkk

@robkk

@vizcano

I don’t think you need to just start over like that.

Can you post a link to your site? did you try the order function for regular WordPress pages to see if it is functional?

vizcano
    Participant

@vizcano

i am having my site off line for the moment, i will put it online soon, and i will send you the link.

but i wanted to tell you that i deleted the w3 total cache plugin for some problems with other plugins, and the problem persist…

i am seriously considering to try backing up the forums (can you tell me how to do this?), delete bbpress and reinstall it from scratch, and import the forums again…

if that still doesnt work i will delete all and create the forums from scratch :.( (but i really dont want to do this)

thanks for your ideas, i will send you the link as soon as i get my site online!

Robkk

@robkk

Well backing up your forums, for all the data on your site,you backup your database. Just the bbPress post types and data from all that, I might need to do some testing. It might just be using the export tool in WordPress Tools section, it might be using a plugin to backup one forum at a time, or whatever alternative I can find.

vizcano
    Participant

@vizcano

Thanks Robkk.

i dont know how but the forum order got fixed by itself… is weird but i am happy…

thanks a lot for your support.

too bad i couldnt know what happened or how it got fixed…

Robkk

@robkk

It probably got fixed in a new WordPress update. This happens sometimes.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar