Categories
Search
Bottom

phpbb importer not finding forums

• eoppegaard
    Participant

@eoppegaard

Hey Experts!

I am trying to import legacy forums from phpbb over to bbpress. I uploaded our SQL file, as well as the old file directory for the legacy forums to the root of the site.

When I run the importer, it seems that it doesn’t find anything, and never converts.

Repair any missing information: ContinueConversion Complete
    No reply_to parents to convert
    No replies to convert
    No tags to convert
    No super stickies to stickNo stickies to stick
    No topics to convertNo forum parents to convert
    No forums to convert
    No data to clean
    Starting Conversion

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Pascal Casier

@casiepa

Hi,

Did you use bbPress 2.5.8 or 2.6 dev ? The new 2.6 has better conversion options, so you might try that one. But I think your problem is more related that it does not find the source correctly.

Pascal.

eoppegaard
    Participant

@eoppegaard

I am using BbPress Version 2.5.8 but I think you are right it is never finding the source.

Where should the source files be placed?

evildrome
    Participant

@evildrome

You need to be extremely careful about how you enter the parameters for the source database.

Check the hostname, username, password, etc.

The converter will be UTTERLY WORTHLESS in informing you if you are not actually connected to your source database and worst of all, outputs messages that imply that it has connected to the source database but the database is in some way empty.

Really.. how hard would it be to trap the connection error and output an appropriate message?

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

@eoppegaard The database actually needs to be active in the same MySQL server your WordPress site is running on, not the same database, just available as a database in the MySQL server. Uploading the MySQL .sql dump file or phpBB files to yor site will have no effect and will not work.

Some of the docs here might also help you out.

@evildrome
    It might be easy for you, it’s not for me, if it was I’d have done it, if you’d be able to help out and help with some code for a solution to that that would be awesome.

munkitkat
    Participant

@munkitkat

BbPress Version 2.5.8 is the best. I am using it!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar