Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

participant reply or topic confirm

• selenii
    Participant

@selenii

Why any of replies or topic from participant must be confirmed from me? How can I change that?

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

it’s not the default behaviour.

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

selenii
    Participant

@selenii

But why have I to participant group, default from wordpress and other from bbpress. Is it rigth?

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry I don’t understand you sentance

selenii
    Participant

@selenii

A user registers on my website, he wrote a message in the topic or creating a forum, and it all gets to the confirmation, why? Why should I confirmat all this messages? Someone of messages are published automatic

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry still don’t understand.

Have you done

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

Hi selenii,

From what I understand, you say that a certain user is posting topics, but the keymaster/moderator has to approve them ?
    But you have another user that can post a topic without any problem ?

If my understanding is correct, can you please tell me:
    – what is the role (participant, moderator, …) of the user that has the problem?
    – what is the role of the user that can post a topic without the need for approval?

In most of the cases there is a security plugin or a setting that causes this, but please start by confirming my assumptions above are correct.

Pascal.

selenii
    Participant

@selenii

Yes, your undestanding is correct.
    But all user are participant.

And I have not any security plugins.

Robkk

@robkk

@selenii

1. Are you using the plugin bbPress moderation?? This plugin has a feature to confirm each topic or reply submitted by users.
    2. Do you have anything in your comment blacklist in Settings > Discussion?? bbPress uses this comment blacklist for its topics and replies and this could mark the posts as pending until approval.

Sometimes plugins can add words to this comment blacklist, and sometimes a host can install a plugin that may have its own comment blacklist words that you may not be aware of is installed because it may be installed in the root of your site.

Do these posts you are approving have any foul language?? Because that is usually the words in these comment blacklists.

selenii
    Participant

@selenii

No I have not the bbpress moderation plugin, but I have some comment blacklist, I have add “http” and “wwww” as a blacklist, because I wanted to block all span replies.

Robkk

@robkk

@selenii

Did the posts you had to approve have a link in it or w’s??

selenii
    Participant

@selenii

No

Robkk

@robkk

Were were the posts, where you had to approve them?? in Pending, Spam, or something else?

selenii
    Participant

@selenii

In Pending

Robkk

@robkk

Sorry for the late reply.

If it is pending the only thing in bbPress’ code that can add posts into pending is when a post contains a word in the comment moderation input box in Settings > Discussion and like I said before some plugins could add their own blacklist and hook into this, so make sure you have some spam plugins while you are testing this.

In the past there was a user that had to approve posts manually because a plugin at the root of the users server called “mojo marketplace” has a hidden blacklist inside of it that affected the posts.

You may also want to remove the “http” and “wwww” in your blacklist as this may be affecting it too.

pandraka
    Participant

@pandraka

I just ran into this issue, it turns out one of words in our moderation list was “ass”. This was causes any topics with words like class, associate, assembly, password etc to be held for moderation (pending status). After a bunch of testing the only solution was to remove “ass” from the moderation list.

Robin W

@robin-w

wow, that’s one to remember !! thanks for posting back 🙂

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar