Categories
Search
Bottom

Parabola theme – profile bug

• Pilxy
    Participant

@pilxy

Hi,

I’m using latest WP version (4.0) and have bbPress 2.5.4-5380 installed.

I have a problem with the profile (Avatar and Username) on the replied posts.
    Profile in the First post is allways fine, but profiles in all other posts below are not aligned properly and have some kind of border/background with an hover effect.

Here is the link to my test page forum: http://www.geosledec.si/wp/forums/topic/new-topic/

The problem must be theme related as it only exist if I’m using that theme. TwentyEleven works fine.

I tried asking for help in the theme support forum, but it seems no one can help me there, so I hope someone here has a better knowledge and could help me deal with that.

Thank you. 🙂

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

whatever thats in your css that starts with

.reply a

is causing the problem.

Pilxy
    Participant

@pilxy

Ok. Perhaps you have any suggestion how to fix it?

Robkk

@robkk

@pilxy

you need to change this css code to make sure its only shows in the comments/replies content.

im not so sure on how to do this one.

contact your theme author

i just checked and they use bbPress for their support forums.

im sure they would help more than i can right now.

Pilxy
    Participant

@pilxy

The question has already been asked at least twice on their support forum, but unfortunately there was no help from the authors. That’s why I’m asking here.

http://www.cryoutcreations.eu/forums/t/bbpress-reply-post-avatar-info-bug
    http://www.cryoutcreations.eu/forums/t/bbpress-every-second-post-looks-broken

I really like the theme, have tried several others, but I haven’t found the one that offers as much looks and functionality as this one does. On the other hand I also really need to include the forums, and I have to find out the solution how to use them together…

Robkk

@robkk

@pilxy

alright ill fool with it later and im sure ill get it by 10pm-11pm in Central Time today.

right now im busy with family

Pilxy
    Participant

@pilxy

Oh, no problem, it’s not so much of a hurry. Just enjoy your time with the family. 🙂

Robkk

@robkk

ok on this you have to contact your theme author and tell them to change this in your theme in its next update.

in file style.css on line 1475 change .reply a {

to a.comment-reply-link {

in the file custom-styles.php in parabola/includes/custom-styles.php
    on line 212 and 213 change

.reply a { to a.comment-reply-link {

and .reply a:hover { to a.comment-reply-link:hover {

they should also change the .reply div class to something else maybe like .comment-reply

because bbPress has a .reply for all of its replies

Pilxy
    Participant

@pilxy

Thank you Rob for the help. I have tryed to change what you suggested, but it did not end up well. It did remove unwanted things in replyed posts, but it also broke the layout of the whole site.

http://www.geosledec.si/wp/forums/topic/new-topic/

Robkk

@robkk

@pilxy your were suppose to contact your theme author instead of doing the changes yourself, let them make the changes.

and i just checked your it looked fine on my end, do you still have the problem?

Pilxy
    Participant

@pilxy

Well, I wrote on their support forum as they don’t offer support over the email. I believe it will take some time for them to reply, if there is gonna be any reply at all…

Yes, the problem is still there. I left it for you to see. I have backup files ready to revert back.

You obviously know what you are doing, so is there any way that you can help me make the changes needed?

Robkk

@robkk

@pilxy i can see on my mobile device but not really on desktop

and you should just revert any changes you made that involves this issue ,and just wait until your theme author updates the theme.

like i said the main problem is that the div class that they used for the reply link in the comments section is just .reply and to make sure it doesnt have conflicts with bbPress it should be just like .comment-reply or any other class besides .reply .

And when they use .reply a they could have just used .comment-reply-link since thats the a class

there is some css that needs to be fixed that uses .reply , in the style.css and some in the rtl.css

and there is also probably some css in the mobile stylesheet

there is a function that uses .reply a and .reply a:hover in the custom-styles.php file.

all these things and probably more if i missed something need to be changed

Pilxy
    Participant

@pilxy

I have now reverted the changes I made in style.css and left only those made in custom-styles.php. It all seems fine so far, the only thing that’s left is the uppercase transform of the nickname in reply profiles.

Robkk

@robkk

@pilxy the uppercase thing is in your themes css

like i said if your theme author just changes every instance of .reply in his theme to .comment-reply-link everything should be fine.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar