Categories
Search
Bottom

Only Register to forum ?

• kaminoda
    Participant

@kaminoda

Hi everyone 🙂

I have a question about the registration to my website’s forum : i’m currently setting the forum and the registration form. I asked a friend of mine to register to see if it works but it didn’t go as intended and i have two (little) problems :

The first one is that when they register they register to the wordpress website and can access to the toolbar on the top of the screen (as seen on this screenshot http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/32/1407314693-capture-d-ecran-2014-08-06-a-10-42-52.png). The problem is that i just want them to be able to post on the forum : even if there is not much informations in the toolbar since they are not admin, i’d just like them to just be able to post on the forum (and not have access to the dashboard of wordpress or anything else). I don’t know if what i’m asking is very clear ?

The second thing is that i’d like to set up a forum for the beta of my game : i understood that the “hidden” attribute on a forum hide it from the “participant” level user. The problem is that when i set a user to “keymaster” in order to make him able to see the hidden forum, he has also access to some new features like “create a new forum” (via the toolbar on the top of the screen) and i don’t want them to be able to do that. Is it possible to set a custom user’s “category” (like “beta user”) so they’ll only be able to access to the “hidden” forum, create topic, and post ?

I may not be very clear here so i hope you’ll be able to help me 🙂
    Thank you

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar