Categories
Search
Bottom

Only Keymaster can see the forums

• nanomamnews
    Participant

@nanomamnews

Hi,

I’m sorry if this has been asked 1000x times before. I did find many topics about this problem, and tried many of the listed solutions, but nothing seems to work for me.

I’m runnning the following website : nanomamnews.com on wordpress 4.3 with bbpress 2.5.8 which i believe is the most recent versions available.

Only the keymaster role can see the public forums. Any other role can’t see anything and falls on a 404 page.

I run a custom theme. I tried the repair and reset tools. I tried messing around with the user capabilities, both in wordpress and using various plugins.

Please help me fix this bug, or make a link that points to the solution very clearly, because it seems to be a very recurrent pain with bbpress.

I’m looking to have a set of capabilities and roles that works. I can fine tune the permissions later on, but i think it’s crazy that only keymaster has access to the forums.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Does it work fine using a default theme?

Have you cleared some cache/set up caching correctly?

Do the forums have a hidden status?

Did you copy and modify the bbPress templates in your theme heavily?

nanomamnews
    Participant

@nanomamnews

The forum used to be private, I deleted everything, redownloaded the pluging and made a public forum.

I believe i cleared my cache correctly.

I believe the bbPress template was indeed modified for my theme. Is there a way i can delete all those modifications ?

nanomamnews
    Participant

@nanomamnews

It doesn’t work with a default theme.

Also, if the user isn’t logged in at all, he can see the forums without a 404. (they are all empty, but at least it works)

Robkk

@robkk

Did you try flushing your permalinks and possilbly checking if it is a plugin issue?

Troubleshooting

Also check if the users role is in fact have participant forum role.

nanomamnews
    Participant

@nanomamnews

i tried with various bbpress and wp roles. I tried deactivated all my plugins but bbpress. I will now try the permalink rewrite.

When i do a Tool > Forum and i use the reset, i get conversion table failed. all the other resets works. (if that info can help)

The permalink flush didn’t work either.

nanomamnews
    Participant

@nanomamnews

i tried deleting everything named forum in my theme after deleting the plugin and still no success.

Robkk

@robkk

Take an image of the error you are receiving when you are trying to Repair your forums.

nanomamnews
    Participant

@nanomamnews

nanomamnews
    Participant

@nanomamnews

I believe I found out the problem. The test user I created had valid permissions, but he never clicked on the email sent during registration. The forum works for a normal, old, email checked user.

Robkk

@robkk

Its always the simplest things! Glad you resolved your issue 🙂

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar