Categories
Search
Bottom

notification emails not sending – 2016

• benjieblock
    Blocked

@benjieblock

Hi All,

Issue: I have the age old issue of notifications not sending to admins.

URL: http: // www . homecarekn . ca/
    Theme: Enfold
    Wordpress: 4.5.3
    bbPress: 2.5.3 (rolled back from 2.5.9)

What I tried:
    – I know emails are sending when I requested a password reset on my account and it sent.
    – I rolled back bbPress since I read they changed their mail headers in 2.5.4 – so I went from the latest (2.5.9) to 2.5.3
    – Plugin – AsynCRONous bbPress Subscriptions – didn’t work
    – Plugin – bbPress Notify (No-Spam) – didn’t work
    – Plugin – Reply Subscribed – forces reply email from new topics and replies

Tried the plugins one at a time – created new topics and replied
    Tried plugins all together – created some new topics and replied
    Tried varying plugins activated /deactivated – created new topics and replied
    No emails to editors, keymasters, or admins

Edited the database and added multiple addresses in the wp_options field for admin – still no notifications.
    Did anyone ever figure out what and why this happens?
    -Ben

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hi, Do you use any SMTP plugin ? One that has good logging?
    Could you please tell us if the email is generated and leaves your server or if it’s not even sent?

I use postman SMTP for testing because it has very good logging features, but any SMTP plugin with good logging would do.

Pascal.

benjieblock
    Blocked

@benjieblock

Hi Pascal
    Nope no smtp. I did a test to see if I received emails with the “forgot your password” link and it worked. I will try the smtp plugin for testing to let you know.

benjieblock
    Blocked

@benjieblock

added postman SMTP plugin and it delivered:
    “Your message was delivered (1401 ms) to the SMTP server! Congratulations :)”, recieved it in my email.

benjieblock
    Blocked

@benjieblock

bump

benjieblock
    Blocked

@benjieblock

bump – no-one else has this problem I guess – anyone know where to fix it? Any help would be awesome.

benjieblock
    Blocked

@benjieblock

bump – kind of a useless forum..

Barry
    Participant

@barryhughes-1

Are you still logging email transactions, via Postman or by some other means? Have you uncovered any failures if so?

Who is your mail provider and have you approached them about this?

Robkk

@robkk

I rolled back bbPress since I read they changed their mail headers in 2.5.4 – so I went from the latest (2.5.9) to 2.5.3

Update it to the latest version.

Edited the database and added multiple addresses in the wp_options field for admin – still no notifications.

Maybe consider reverting this to what you had previously.

Did you do all what is described below @benjieblock?

Create a forum and subscribe to the forum, and create a topic with your admin account and also subscribe to it on a live test site to test these subscriptions in.

Create a test participant user to just post test posts in that topic you just created to test topic subscription emails, and create topics in the forum to test forum subscription emails.

I guess now just check on your Admin/Keymaster email {your admin user email} to see if any of them sent.

This is just troubleshooting to see if you can even get 1 subscription email, either topic or forum subscription emails using bbPress by default without any new plugins.

If it works without any plugins we can go from there.

IF it doesn’t we need to find a plugin/theme/custom code snippet that might be causing an issue.

Also in the future the larger your forums grow and if you allow both subscription emails for every mod and keymaster in your forum, you will need to consider using smtp and AsynCRONous bbPress Subscriptions.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar