Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Not Resolved by Default

• I’ve been looking for a way to start off topics as “Not Resolved” by default, with no luck. Went through all the template files looking for the <select> also to no avail. Any ideas how to accomplish this? (Also, searched the forums). Thanks for any help.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • By default, all topics are marked as unresolved unless you have manually set them as ‘not support question’ or ‘resolved’. Do you mean the dropdown list? If that is the case, they are not part of the template system (might change in future), but are listed in:

/bb-includes/template-functions.php/

/bb-includes/functions.php

I think you can find what you are looking for in there, but as I said, topics are unresolved by default.

Trent

Thanks Trent. I’ll delve into those areas an take care of it. But, on my install, somehow, all posts started have “Not a support question” as the default option in the dropdown (I had to go in and manually change all the threads myself once I realized it). Thanks for the help. I’m sure I’ll be able to change it.

I have that option as the first in my dropdown list as well, but if you click the button to see all posts that are not resolved, I think you will find that even though that option is first in the list, by default, none of the options are exercised and it should be still unresolved.

Trent

Gave your theory a test just now. When I opened a new topic, titled it, put some text in and hit “send post”, I found that it did not show up when I clicked on the “Unresolved topics” view. So what ever is in the <select> area to begin with is what dictates the post status.

Template-Functions.php seemed to be the pertinent one with function topic_resolved( $yes = '', $no = '', $mu = '', $id = 0 ) being the function that controls this. Although I tried to make some small changes, I was not able to affect which option was selected by default. Any ideas?

Ryan, I stand corrected. I have bbpress-post which makes the topics unresolved by default, but any topic created in the forum is marked as mu (not support question). That is not telling you anything new beause you already knew this ;-)

I have created an enhancement ticket in TRAC. Thanks for pointing that out.

Trent

Thanks for the help Trent.

BTW, any ideas on how to tweak this?

Is there any way to make it so topics that are marked as “mu” (not support questions) will show up when you click the “unresolved support topics” link on the front page?

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

I assume you are using the plugin now and not a really old version of bbPress…

Although you can now change the default status, the view still only shows the unresolved topics.

It shouldn’t be too hard to add this as an option to the plugin.

I’ll see what I can do.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

I’ve added the option to create views for all support status types in the plugin

The new version is 2.2, should be available here soon:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/16

Thank you for doing this, it’s a great update.

One more humble request. Is there a way to add a view link that shows all open topics from both “support-forum-no” and “support-forum-mu”?

(Reason being, I changed the “Not a support question” title to “Important” so I could have two severity levels of open cases instead of just one.)

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Ummm, I probably won’t add that sort of functionality to the plugin. Perhaps you should try to hack together a plugin yourself?

I can’t figure out how to hack this :/ Does anyone feel like helping me? :)

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar