Categories
Search
Bottom

not receiving emails when users post messages

• haddly
    Participant

@haddly

Hi,
    we have 4 main forum topics and under those, people start new posts quite regularly.
    I am subscribed to all 4 groups https://www.apis.de/forum/board/general-allgemeines/
    but recently, when users have started topics within them, i do not receive an email of the activity.
    please help. this is a recent problem, as before, i did always get email notifications.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

try adding

topic subscribe

haddly
    Participant

@haddly

Hi,
    do i add this file to the bbpress plugin directory?
    i have lots of directories in my server and not exactly sure where to place the “topic subscribe.php.
    thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

download the plugin .zip to your pc

then go to

dashboard>plugins>add new>upload plugin and follow the instructions to upload and activate

haddly
    Participant

@haddly

oh,
    so this is a plugin in itself?

haddly
    Participant

@haddly

I have noticed a potential legal issue. If the forum users all start receiving notifications and they want to unsubscribe, they can’t do this through the email notification that they receive.
    I believe legally, they must have the option to unsubscribe within the email.
    can this be done with bbpress?

Robin W

@robin-w

users can unsubscribe from a forum, which unsubscribes them from new topic in that forum.

You will need to check that this is what you want – I simply build plugins, I don’t do law !

haddly
    Participant

@haddly

Ok thanks.

Robkk

@robkk

@haddly

I have noticed a potential legal issue. If the forum users all start receiving notifications and they want to unsubscribe, they can’t do this through the email notification that they receive.
    I believe legally, they must have the option to unsubscribe within the email.
    can this be done with bbpress?

Yes, there is even a plan to introduce it sometime into core.

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2707

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar