Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

“Not Found” accessing forums after WP upgrade

• bsilverop
    Participant

@bsilverop

Hello. I have managed hosting from GoDaddy and my WordPress installation gets updated automatically. After the upgrade the other day, I am getting the “Not Found” page when attempting to access any of my forums. My forums are private and only accessible to logged in users. If I make the forum public, I can see it fine, but once I switch it back to private I get the WP “Not Found” page again. Any suggestions on what to check? Thanks in advance,

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• bsilverop
    Participant

@bsilverop

I was able to fix this by making my parent forum public. Not sure what caused this but I think that’s the way it was before the update.

Hi,
    this issue is linked to the new WordPress, a bug has already been filed and a patch will hopefully come out soon.
    For now to fix the issue (using fix 2), open wp-includes/post.php, scroll to about line 4300 to find function get_page_uri( $page )
    In that function replace
    if ( 'publish' === $parent->post_status ) {
    with
    if ( ! in_array( $parent->post_status, get_post_stati( array( 'internal' => true ) ) ) ){
    Pascal.

mglasser
    Participant

@mglasser

I was able to fix this by changing the forum to public and then immediately changing it back to private. Something is happening during this process to fix the problem. Also note that this occurred to me after upgrading to 4.4 and then reverting back 4.3.

bsilverop
    Participant

@bsilverop

That was my initial solution too once I noticed the problem. Then I got an email from a user who was having the same problem and sure enough it was broken again.

Anybody using bbP Private Groups ?

Dear all,

Let’s combine our efforts in the other thread, so for more information or any updates, please refer to https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/oops-that-page-cant-be-found-on-sub-forums/

Thanks,
    Pascal.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘“Not Found” accessing forums after WP upgrade’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar