Not able to open sticky post in new forum

• trusso
    Participant

@trusso

Site: http://www.levelupsolutionscenter.com
    Theme: ZippyCourses by Social Trigger
    Wordpress: Latest release
    bbforums: 2.5.8 (Latest)

I have installed the plugin for bbforums. No issues setting it up. I have created a post that I want to remain at the top of the forum. It is titled, Getting Started. I made it ‘sticky’ believing that this would allow it to be there at the top regardless of what others put in the forum.

When I go in to test as a user who has purchased a course, the user can get to the forum but cannot see the sticky post content. Just the listing in the forum. I set access to participant and open, with automatic membership.

I read your documentation and created a forum registration page and put in your shortcode.

Do users need to register with the forum first to see the content of a post?
    If they do and I have the registration page, I can put it in the menu. Is that what I need to do to get registration to people? Is there anything special I need to know to make registration go through and access be granted? Special in setting up the access page?

Question really is: how does a user of the educational material get to see the forum questions/posts?

Thank you!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

I bet you just closed the topic as well and the color of the text is a gray color that is hard to see.

Use this CSS to fix that.

#bbpress-forums .status-closed,
    #bbpress-forums .status-closed a {
    	color: #aaa;
    }

You do not have to use the bbPress shortcode for registration, you can use alternative plugins for frontend forms if you want.

Do users need to register with the forum first to see the content of a post?

bbPress by default has nothing that would hide the content of a topic post. It will make a whole topic hidden if the forum is private and the user is not logged in, and the topic and forum could also be hidden if it is a hidden forum.

If you want a menu item for registration you can create a custom link to the default WordPress registration form, or if you have another plugin that adds frontend forms you can link to that page if you want.

Question really is: how does a user of the educational material get to see the forum questions/posts?

It really depends on the LMS plugin you might be using with your bbPress forums really. By default though a sticky/closed post should be kind of visible, the gray is hard to see sometimes.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar