Bottom

Not Able To Edit Own Posts

• stmux
    Participant

@stmux

64Bit Windows 7 Enterprise w/SP1
    Wordpress 4.1
    bbPress 2.54

I have tried as many of the proposed solutions as I could find in this forum, but still no solution. I have deactivated all plugins except bbpress and tried four different Themes, Twenty Twelve, Twenty Thirteen, Twenty Fourteen, and Twenty Fifteen. I also tried changing the default time for the “Disallow after editing” from 5 minutes to 99999 with no success. Even admin with keymaster privileges cannot edit own posts. Are there any other things I can try before giving up on bbPress? Or, is there another Forum plugin I can try that may have better success?
    Thanks,
    mux

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

do you see the edit link besides the reply link??
    what happens exactly when you hit the edit link??

did you follow these guides

https://codex.bbpress.org/theme-compatibility/
    codex.bbpress.org/theme-compatibility/getting-started-in-modifying-the-main-bbpress-template/

also maybe re-installing bbpress and see if there could have been an error during installation.

stmux
    Participant

@stmux

The “Edit” link is there in every post. For the test I just did the link takes me to the following address:

http://www.spatialhaze.com/wordpress/index.php/forums/topic/freqently-asked-questions/edit/

And the following error message is what pops up on the screen for every post I try to edit:

Not FoundIt looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try a search?

It’s like the the edit link is pointing to a place with no data.

I will go through the links you provided to see if there is something I missed. BTW, I have removed and reinstalled the bbPress plugin twice with the same results.
    Thanks,
    mux

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar