Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Non-members can view private forums

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I did some pretty exhaustive testing of this a couple of days ago and was not able to reproduce this behaviour. Can you give us some more details with some direct links to your site highlighting the issue.

WordProSystems
    Participant

@wordprosystems

sure thing. here’s a link to the forum page as a non-member all you can see is the description and ‘how to’ use the forum, then at the bottom you see the message “oh bother! no forums were found here” message, but right above that is the search bar. all of the topics are set to private, however if you type in, like my example in my original post, “church” you now can see topics that a member posted. if the forums/topics are set to private, how are they still searchable? it very well could be something i overlooked, but i’m worried this is a ‘flaw’ that i haven’t overlooked.

Thanks heaps for this, I can see what you mean and I will go do some more testing and work on a patch for it.

WordProSystems
    Participant

@wordprosystems

i don’t intend to be a nuisance, but I’m just curious as to if there is any progress on a patch or something? thank you for your time i truly appreciate it!!

dtmember
    Participant

@dtmember

Is there any progress on this? or how can I hide the excerpt of topic in search results? I just want to display exactly only title for each and every search results not including description, excerpt, replies and etc. Is that possible?

Hope someone can help and thanks.

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

Hi,

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-private-groups/ is what I use and it prevents the search for private forums.

Pascal.

dtmember
    Participant

@dtmember

Do you know how to make search results to only show title not excerpt, content etc? btw i use robkk hook fyi.

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

dtmember
    Participant

@dtmember

Anyone?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar