Categories
Search
Bottom

No Forum menu options in dashboard controls

• admiralmuttonchops
    Participant

@admiralmuttonchops

Hi –

I just installed my first attempt at bbpress and nothing is showing up in the dashboard menu. There is no forum option, no tools and no options under settings. My site role is listed as “Administrator”, secondary and forum roles as “Keymaster”.

It will be complicated to disable all of the plugins or install TwentyThirteen. Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what the problem might be? WordPress 4.1.1 & bbpress 2.5.6, running Bolid Theme (Is that known to have a conflict). Thanks in advance.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok, suggest you create a test site and try to fix there

https://codex.bbpress.org/creating-a-test-site/

admiralmuttonchops
    Participant

@admiralmuttonchops

I appreciate that, but I don’t have FTP access. Someone asked me to put a forum on their site. It’s not my site and they don’t particularly want me messing anything up that currently works. They wanted to stick with WordPress, so bbpress made sense, but it isn’t working.

admiralmuttonchops
    Participant

@admiralmuttonchops

Should anyone ever come across this with the same problem I was having, it was the Google Adsense for Responsive Design – GARD by The Plugin Factory, The Digital Hippies plugin that was causing the conflict with bbpress. Once I deactivated the plugin, all of the menu options and functionality were there.

Thanks Robin for the help. I did end up creating a local test environment to find that solution.

Robkk

@robkk

@admiralmuttonchops

contact the plugin author about this, so that maybe compatibility would work in the future.

Robin W

@robin-w

I did end up creating a local test environment to find that solution

Having a test environment is something that every site should have !!

https://codex.bbpress.org/creating-a-test-site/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar