Categories
Search
Bottom

no bubble notification when i @user in forum new post/reply

• shadow_boi
    Participant

@shadow_boi

Hi,

when i mention user (eg: @shadow_boi) in a new forum post/reply, is the mentioned user supposed to receive a bubble notification?

I tired, but there is no bubble notification or email sent. was it expected?

WP: 4.3
    theme: Twenty FifteenVersion: 1.3
    buddypress 2.3.2.1
    bbpress 2.5.8

i have disabled all other plugins except for bbpress and buddypress

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

I am not sure if having email/bubble notifications is there if you @mention someone in bbPress forums.

Maybe using this would add a notification but I am not sure.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-live-notification/

shadow_boi
    Participant

@shadow_boi

thanks for the reply.

i am already using the built-in buddy press notification component.
    and i could receive the bubble notification when someone reply to my post or comment, just not when someone @me.

so i guess the built-in buddy press notification component doesnt support @user notification. i will check out the link you gave above, thank you!

shadow_boi
    Participant

@shadow_boi

okay, i tried the following:

tag user in BuddyPress Activity, user could receive notification
    tag user in bbpress forum post/comment, user could not receive notification

it seems like tagging user in forum does trigger notification, can anyone here confirm if this is expected behaviour?

if i want to trigger notification when user is tagged in forum post/comment, what should i do? thanks

Robkk

@robkk

It might be expected behaviour since their might not be functionality for notifications if the @mention is in bbPress forums.

So what you said is that @mentioning a user in the replies does not work, but it does in topics?

And of course it works find in the BuddyPress activity streams.

shadow_boi
    Participant

@shadow_boi

Hi @Robkk,

one correction,

the notification does not work if I mention someone in forum reply or in a forum topic.

Notification works for when i mention someone in buddypress activity streams.

maybe what you said is true
    “It might be expected behaviour since their might not be functionality for notifications if the @mention is in bbPress forums.”

i just wanted to double check if thats the case, if bbpress doesnt support “mention” notification as yet, then its okay, i wont bother.
    However, if bbpress supports mention notification and somehow doesn’t work for me, i would like to find out why.

thanks

Robkk

@robkk

Yeah bbPress does not support @mention notifications.

Robkk

@robkk

I could be wrong because I remember someone from BuddyPress @mentioned me on their forums and I got a notification for it.

It might be something introduced in the next major version of bbPress which both sites run, or that you need to make sure you type the user’s username correctly instead of their display name.

shadow_boi
    Participant

@shadow_boi

@robkk, i believe i typed in the mentioned user name correctly, as after topic/reply is posted, the mentioned user name turned into a correct profile link.

i have a account in buddypress forum, do you want to try it out? like i tag you in a reply and see if you receive an notification?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar