Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New WP Posts to create new BBPress Topic

• scoutbrandiegmailcom

@scoutbrandiegmailcom

I wonder if anyone can help, I have set up a bbPress forum within my WP installation. I have user accounts synced as described and have had good success pulling in topics into my WP homepage, and customising the theme.

I wondered if someone could point me in the right direction for my main problem though. I would like each new post that is made in WordPress to be copied and started also as a new topic in the bbPress forum. Going further than this, having WP comments act as replies to the bbPress topic would be great, but in the first instance I really just need a post to be duplicated as a new topic in bbPress.

Many thanks in advance.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You used to be able to do this with BB Sync. With the new versions, I think there is a bbPress plugin for WordPress.

https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bbpress-live/

The plugin author posted how to use it a while back but I can’t seem to find it. If you’re using WordPress 2.7 and the alpha of bbPress, I think bbpress-live is the way to go.

Not recommended for SEO though. Duplicate content is a nono for google.

Just tried the plugin,

Would be great if Sam made a “noindex” or “noarchive” option just for those topics in the forum. It would then show the topics in the forum, add comments to the blog when replied in the forum, and just index the wordpress post.

Having said that,

It doesn’t list the latest topics if I try the widget, even after having set the forum url in the settings and such. Using alpha 1.06 bbpress and WP 2.7. The plugins (xmpp?) in bbpress are also activated.

feastoffools

@feastoffools

So what kind of solution do people here recommend for having WP entries appear as forum topics, playing nice with google and having comments from either the forums or the blog appearing undereath the same place?

Also can anyone recommend a good plugin for threaded comments in the forums?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar