Categories
Search
Bottom

new topic “Time out” issue

• gptxffa
    Participant

@gptxffa

Hello,

A member of my forum who is working on a Ipad is having problems creating a new topic. Here is his email:

“I just typed it all in and it said it timed out and i lost what i typed so i will get on a regular computer tomorrow and post it.”

Im not sure what would cause this issue? Any thoughts?

Thank you, Preston

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

What are the bbPress plugins you have on your site?? There has been some similar issues while using some specific plugins.

Also did the user see the issue message somewhere in the form like the flood control errors in bbPress or was it displayed in place of the whole site?? This issue could also be a connection time out error on your server.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Common_WordPress_Errors#Connection_Timed_Out

gptxffa
    Participant

@gptxffa

bbp last post
    bbpress go to first unread post (inactive currently)
    bbpress new topics
    bbpress new UI (inactive currently)
    bbpress notify no-spam
    bbpress unread post v2 (inactive currently)
    bbpress style pack
    GD bbpress tools
    GD bbpress attachments

I will ask about how the message displayed for him.

Robkk

@robkk

bbPress notify (not no spam) had a similar issue before I wonder if the forked version (notify no spam) has had the error. That is the only thing I can say to check out possibly, but you would need more information from the user.

gptxffa
    Participant

@gptxffa

hmmmm,

I am still waiting to hear back on the details of the error from the user!

will let you know 😀

Robkk

@robkk

Yeah I saw this while searching to see if users had similar issues. I think the error message was displaying in the browser like this user said instead of being on the forums as a bbPress error message.

This user says a fix could be using wp-cron and sending the notifications in the background, which the notify no spam version does.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/long-script-running-timeout-errors-after-months-of-working-correctly

This error could also be just on the user’s side and all they have to do is clear up their coookies, browser cache, all that browser goodness.

gptxffa
    Participant

@gptxffa

hmmm,

Ok I read the page you linked, thank you for a lead on the possible cause! I am still waiting to hear back from the user on more details about the problem, but from what I know currently, it seems that one difference in the issue on that post is my users post did not actually get posted and he had to get on his desktop and retype all of it.

Hopefully I hear back from him today and can provide more details.

He is currently the only person who has reported this so it may be an isolated occurrence.

gptxffa
    Participant

@gptxffa

still have not heard back from the user, however i tested this issue myself. This is the page i was sent to timeout error

However, when i clicked the back button all the text was still in the new topic creation window and i simply re submitted the topic and it worked.

Robkk

@robkk

Ahh Okay that is what the exact error message is. Time out is a term that could go with a few issues.

If you google that specific error and just add wordpress to the end you will see a few reports of Hosting being the issue, sometimes especially if you use GoDaddy.

So that exact error might just be a server error.

gptxffa
    Participant

@gptxffa

ok cool, ill check that out and report back.

also, i started a new topic and im not sure it posted it, https://bbpress.org/?post_type=topic&p=165579

Thanks 😀

Robkk

@robkk

I approved the topic just now so it should be visible sitewide.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar