Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New Topic pull Fusion Slider (or just img) to top of page?

• itsmeitsb
    Participant

@itsmeitsb

Using the Avada theme for my website and have a Fusion Sliders that cap the top of my pages. I have the rest of the layout for my bbpress working great after some help from others here…

But how do I get bbpress to pull the Fusion Slider and attach it to the top of the page above the posts/replies when New Topics are created?

I know that I can go in to topics and manually do it once the topics are created, but want to set it up where it automatically attaches when anyone creates a New Topic.
    I’m sure there’s probably something I can put in the file that creates the new “page” but I need a little help/direction in doing that.

(Worst case/last resort: How to just do an image instead?)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

This sounds like custom development so I suggest you to hire a developer to do this for you.

carlharrison1
    Participant

@carlharrison1

@Itsmeitsbe – did you get anywhere with this? I have posted everywhere with the same kind of problem. Would love to hear how you have got round it. Nobody seems to be able to tell me why each NEW topic created by a user is so hard to get how I want

Robkk

@robkk

@itsmeitsb

@carlharrison1
    <- sorry I was probably lazy that day.

You would have to create a custom template for bbPress or a bbpress.php file so that all your forum pages use this.

i guess if your slider is using a shortcode you can echo the shortcode in the template too.

Getting Started in Modifying the Main bbPress Template

You need to show it only on pages you want, so single topics, single forums, forum archive, and topic archive. Usually I see sliders have a conditional to show on the home page only so you would to do something similar but only on bbPress pages. You can input multiple conditionals using && or | for example,

<?php if ( bbp_is_single_topic() && bbp_is_single_forum() && bbp_is_forum_archive() && bbp_is_topic_archive()) : ?>

<?php echo do_shortcode("[shortcode]"); ?>

<?php endif; ?>

bbPress Conditional Tags

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar