Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New deep integration method?

• Recently I’d been trying to deep integrate WP 2.8 and bb 1.0-rc1 together. I had previously managed to do it successfully with WP 2.5.1 and bb 0.9.0.4, so I tried porting the same method to the newer version.

Unfortunately however, it doesn’t seem to work. With the addition of backPress, the old method of deep integration no longer works as some functions get called twice, triggering a fatal error.

[Wed Jun 17 02:56:20 2009] [error] [client 86.45.179.252] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _mb_substr() (previously declared in */wordpress/wp-includes/compat.php:86) in */forums/bb-includes/backpress/functions.compat.php on line 108, referer: *

So, mainly I was wondering whether anyone else had managed to find a new method of deep integration, or whether it’s now not possible at all?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

It’s totally possible. I think you are trying to use bbPress 1.0-RC-2. Try the newer 1.0-RC-3 instead, this problem is fixed there.

i have instal & integration bbpress 0.9.04 & WP 2.7.1 and there have wrong way,

instalation mesage:

>>> WordPress cookie secret key not set.

>>>>>> Your “bb-config.php” file was not writable.

>>>>>> You will need to manually define the “BB_SECRET_KEY” in your “bb-config.php” file.

Key master email not sent!

i just copy four WP secret key to bb_config.php:

define(‘AUTH_KEY’, ‘^y?+[8|=-QR1cngc>:Kd:%8:ob/67|{#Trw1wV}{YDUngFP 2DL5ibGmfp8CiknU’);

define(‘SECURE_AUTH_KEY’, ‘3C%:+qR(Jkuan5oA#Eq2 vq;siUcsF- D^,fij:pV0<|ZD!gHZjlHO8k?(7`sh’);

define(‘LOGGED_IN_KEY’, ‘A;nBjuz%qGr$F<]{G_L8%tM?{PT5+_{a?lkBs%)4]t_)9;vZgy,s)m<W=/l+9M$*’);

define(‘NONCE_KEY’, ‘V-_=k,n).uzdcm65)f)2jAdST8s4EARpWMhOX26Q0e8x8[UB|LI|hcyptQtYbw’);

but login still different betwen WP and bbpress. what ur think?

@manguni

For integrating WP 2.7.1 with bbPress 0.9.04 or 0.9.0.5, you can use this tutorial of mine :

http://blog.ashfame.com/2009/05/integrate-bbpress-forum-with-your-wordpress-setup/

I have integrated several setups using this tutorial.

Let the bbPress 1.0 come out and I will write a tutorial for its integration with WordPress 2.8 too. At the moment WordPress 2.8 can’t be integrated by using the method I wrote.

Did you rename your keys in bb-config? Like define('BB_AUTH_KEY', 'KEYNAME');

Also, don’t share your keys with anyone :) They should be SECRET :)

Sorry, been busy.

Yup, with 1.0-rc3 the old-school method works again. Hope it stays for full release :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar