Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New bbP plugin install, users cannot create topics

• This is an issue I’ve seen several times with my heavily customized production site, and I have assumed it was related to my custom work. I decided to start a fresh install and see about re-integrating with the current trunk, and “do it right” this time.

However, with a brand new bbP install, running the included 2010 theme, logged in users with the “subscriber” role, still can’t create topics at all. In fact nobody but admin can.

Does anyone know what is causing this? Users just get the

Sorry!
    You cannot create new topics at this time.

error on any forum page.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Viewing 6 replies - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)

• Stephanie Leary
    Participant

@sillybean

Multisite. I just de/reactivated and got a notice of RC-2 with much better multisite options. Excellent! Alas, now I can’t register new users at all — I just never get the confirmation email.

I’ve turned on the option to let guest users create topics for now, and that seems to work.

The new icons are fantastic!

chesternerd

@chesternerd

For me, it ended up being that the user roles assigned in WordPress (I used a CSV import tool, then bulk modified user roles)did not get transferred to role in BBPress. All users in BBPress ended up with role of “No Role (inactive)”.. I had to have each of the 500 users manually changed to a role that had “Add” permissions.. once I did that, all good.. however, manually added new users to WordPress show in BBPress as having no role (inactive).

chesternerd

@chesternerd

For me, it ended up being that the user roles assigned in WordPress (I used a CSV import tool, then bulk modified user roles)did not get transferred to role in BBPress. All users in BBPress ended up with role of “No Role (inactive)”.. I had to have each of the 500 users manually changed to a role that had “Add” permissions.. once I did that, all good.. however, manually added new users to WordPress show in BBPress as having no role (inactive).

globalbala
    Participant

@globalbala

I had similar issue and after verifying all the bbpress user function (especially bbp_current_user_can_access_create_topic_form) i came to know that it could be because of user profile as well. I mean in “wp_users” table the user_status should be 0 and if any case its 2 (meaning they have not yet validated there login) they could not able to post / create a topic. Check Your DB and see whether it helps. -Balajee

• This reply was modified 11 years, 6 months ago by globalbala.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

It’s also capability based, and this is all addressed in 2.2.

ubersoldat
    Participant

@ubersoldat

This may be really late in response to this but I had the same problem however I quickly discovered that my HTTPS plugin to secure via SSL Certificates WP Pages was conflicting with the bbPress plugin. Once I disabled the HTTPS plugin the Forum started working the way it should again.

Viewing 6 replies - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar