Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Need Help Changing the Colors

• kenaustin3rd
    Participant

@kenaustin3rd

Looking for some help changing the colors for the forums. I downloaded this as a widget for my WordPress site and the forum pages I have are coming up with white text over a white background….can anyone help me please?

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

kenaustin3rd
    Participant

@kenaustin3rd

Not sure that is a help, the forums plugin doesn’t seem to have a lot of options…my issue is that the comment blocks along with the text both show as white so when you visit my page and go to my forums you can’t ready anything

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Can can add your own additional CSS to manage how comments are displayed.

#bbpress-forums blockquote { 
        color: #000;
    }

You can put whatever styling you like in there. This styling us usually in the customizer area of your website. Although the bbp style pack also has a Custom CSS tab.

And the bbp style pack allows you to set some other colour properties too on the various tabs.

kenaustin3rd
    Participant

@kenaustin3rd

Chuckie thanks for responding…just to add more to what was happening, I had a similar issue with my main site and the attached pages and I was given the following code to fix those…
    #comments h2.comments-title, #comments h3 {
    color: #fff;
    }
    .comment-list .comment-body, #respond {
    background: #313131;
    color: #fff;
    }

My goal was to get the comment blocks and text to match the theme which is red text over a black background…I just discovered the same issue happening with my forums, does the code you included in your response cover all of that or does it need to be a bit more in depth like what I provided?

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

You are not really making sense now. #fff is colour white and you said you don’t want colour white.

If you right-click a comment in the browser and choose “Inspect Element” you can see what type of object it is and what class it is using. All bbPress comments are:

#bbpress-forums blockquote { 
    }

You put your styling inside there for comments. Virtually anything can be worked out by just inspecting elements and learning to understand what the screen is telling you in the browser about the element.

kenaustin3rd
    Participant

@kenaustin3rd

Thank you for the explanation….okay so I looked at the blocks I want changed, white text is just fine as long as the boxes match my background color. I am no coder so please bear with me. The background hex color I would like is #313131 and the text boxes I want to change to that color are:

input#bbp_anonymous_author
    input#bbp_anonymous_email
    input#bbp_anonymous_website
    input#bbp_topic_title
    textarea#bbp_topic_content.bbp

I just don’t exactly know how to write the lines of code. I do know to insert it into the Additional CSS block to make the change. I appreciate your help, and if you can do anything more to nudge me in the right direction here I would appreciate it, I just want to make my site look right.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Have you tried:

input#bbp_anonymous_author,
    input#bbp_anonymous_email,
    input#bbp_anonymous_website,
    input#bbp_topic_title,
    textarea#bbp_topic_content {
     background-color: #313131;
    }

I have not tested it.

kenaustin3rd
    Participant

@kenaustin3rd

I have not tried it, but I will, thanks for the help, I just need to explore how to reverse it if it doesn’t work

kenaustin3rd
    Participant

@kenaustin3rd

Okay, I have been experimenting quite a bit and so far I have everything tested and working…thank you very much for the help…there is just one item I cannot figure out…changing the color of the individual post replies (headers/body/footers) the code I ended up with when I inspected was:

div#post-133.bbp-reply-header

then following that there is a much longer one that says it’s a loop item. Surely I am looking at the wrong items and there is a parent to those somewhere to change it once…any ideas?

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Perhaps all you need to use is:

#bbpress-forums div.bbp-topic-header,
    #bbpress-forums div.bbp-reply-header {
    }

kenaustin3rd
    Participant

@kenaustin3rd

That took care of the headers but the body is still white. Not even sure how to line those out to you…

div.loop-item-0.user-id-2.bbp-parent-forum-120.bbp-parent-to-pic-122.bbp-reply-position…….

it is basically the body around the reply block…I have already tried:

#bbpress-forums div.bbp-reply-body {
    }

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Can we have a link to the page please.

kenaustin3rd
    Participant

@kenaustin3rd

https://thetenthworldcomics.com/

and to the specific forum I was using to see my changes

What is everyone playing these days?

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

#bbpress-forums div.odd, #bbpress-forums ul.odd {
        background-color: #fbfbfb;
    }

The above is the CSS that you have at the moment to colour the borders.

kenaustin3rd
    Participant

@kenaustin3rd

not sure what to do with that…if I change that code to the #313131 that I used on the rest of it will it change that bright white body box or is this going to change the colors for the entire page? And will I just add this in as another entry into the CSS block

kenaustin3rd
    Participant

@kenaustin3rd

maybe I am not using the right terminology, I wish I could share a pic here…I think it is the padding but even that looks like it would leave a bit of a white border around the user’s pic

kenaustin3rd
    Participant

@kenaustin3rd

Chuckie, Thanks again for all of your help I appreciate it…I used what you sent and it worked but I had to add in two more lines for the “even” also

#bbpress-forums div.odd, #bbpress-forums ul.odd, #bbpress-forums div.even, #bbpress-forums ul.even {
    background-color: #fbfbfb;
    }

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Welldone.

BTW you can share images if you put them on imgur website and paste the link in your topic.

marthaneilson
    Participant

@marthaneilson

Often this is a decoration for us in the field of website design for your website. BBP Model Park has a CSS Tiki tab. BBP Style Park allows you to place different colored spaces in different windows

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar