Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Need forum to look like Elementor Pro wesbite

• lhawk
    Participant

@lhawk

I’m helping a non-profit to create a forum on their site, and I’m using Physio Q template but I built the site with Elementor Pro. And, really, it doesn’t matter what template I use, I can’t seem to figure out how to edit it so that it looks really nice. I’ve installed “bb style pack” but it doesn’t help with things like needing a sidebar with a place to log in, etc. It just looks off and we’re going to want to make it look more like the rest of the site: robust, easy to read, etc.

The “Forums” page looks fine, but that styling no longer works once the topic is selected.

https://thethirdtalk.com/forums/forum/test-forum/

Any suggestions? I saw something about editing the single.php file, but I really don’t want to install more plugins or use too many workarounds to get it to look like the rest of the site. Thank you in advance!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

looks like you need this

bbPress

lhawk
    Participant

@lhawk

On YouTube, where the video on how to use it is posted, a commenter asks the same question I’m asking. Once you leave and select a Topic, the styling no longer works.

Robin W

@robin-w

so are you already using that plugin?

lhawk
    Participant

@lhawk

I need to be able to style the forum to look like the rest of the site and I need it to have a sidebar and I’ll need to insert images from time to time. I’d have to buy that plugin to find out it won’t do what I need it to do. The comment under the video is “But as soon as you click on a Topic you exit the Elementor styled page. Is there a way to style all bbpress pages with Elementor?” and the response is “Sorry, all bbpress things are not possible to design directly, because there some dynamic part that not possible to design with elementor.” So it won’t do what I need it to do.

I do have a question in to Elementor developers asking what can be done, but I was hoping someone here might have a solution that doesn’t require another plugin.

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, I’d need to buy elementor to even see how it works, let alone the additional plugin 🙂 so catch 22 !

maybe worth adding a comment to this thread to see if any of the people there can help

bbPress + Elementor

lhawk
    Participant

@lhawk

I don’t necessarily want to use EP to edit the forum. Is there a template you can recommend? EP overrides templates to build out the pages, but if a template will allow me to style the forum, that would be great! It probably sound s little backwards, but I’m just helping a friend and don’t want to rebuild the site to make the forum look attractive.

Robin W

@robin-w

best I can suggest is to look at item 8

Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – Part 1

lhawk
    Participant

@lhawk

I think he needs to make the leap to paying someone whose area of expertise is specifically forums. He’ll eventually need a moderator, etc. Do you have developers on staff that make money working for companies whose sole focus is running a forum?

blackleather
    Participant

@blackleather

I think he need to make the leap to well paying and someone and somebody helps to others and lot of people share own opinion.

Robin W

@robin-w

@lhawk bbpress has no paid staff. I am just a bbpress user who fell into helping out here to return the favour for others who helped me.

I do paid work as well – you can contact me via http://www.rewweb.co.uk/contact-me/

lhawk
    Participant

@lhawk

Awesome. Thank you, Robin!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar