Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Nav Menu disappears upon installation of bbPress

• Kung Fu Designs
    Participant

@kung-fu-designs

So, I’m creating a website, looking to have a nice forums section, And of course I install the bbPress plugin onto my wordpress site. Here’s the problem. Once I do this and activate the plugin my main navigation menu becomes erred out with the following error displaying:
    “Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /misc/39/000/056/879/2/user/web/hubhao.com/wp-includes/nav-menu-template.php on line 403”

So, when I disabled the plugin my main navigation menu went back to normal. What’s going on here? What can/should I look at to fix this issue?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

Robkk

@robkk

Kung Fu Designs
    Participant

@kung-fu-designs

Robin,

I remove all other plugins/themes and it works fine, but that’s not what I want. I will use the theme I have set up, and I’m not finished adding plugins. Everything plays nice until I activate the bbpress plugin. Is there a place to look at incompatibilities and fixes for those incompatibilities (Within or outside of my site.)? Other forum plugins work well, but I’m interested in using bbPress for it’s tight integration with WordPress. Again there is an error message, but I cannot figure out why the error is being caused.

Thanks for help!

Robin W

@robin-w

The tests I suggested are to find the error, I am not expecting you to stay without them.

If you follow the tests, then if the forums work with just bbpress as the only plugin and your theme, then bbpress is conflicting with another plugin, hence you add back until you find which one, THEN you come back and let us know.

If even the above doesn’t work, then bbpress you change to a default theme such as tewntyten. If that works the issue is with your theme, so we go down that route.

If none works then bbpress has not installed properly.

Kung Fu Designs
    Participant

@kung-fu-designs

Gotcha… I disabled all plugins and theme, The forums works with a default theme, but not with the theme I am using, WeeklyNews, purchased on Themeforest. The problem is only the main navigation menu with the error message above. When I activate the theme, but deactivate all plugins but bbPress, the problem still exists.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, since tis is a paid theme, Themeforest ought to fix this issue

Suggest you contact them on

http://themeforest.net/item/weeklynews-premium-wordpress-newsmagazine-theme/9214110/support

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar