Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

my forum does not show up anywhere

• parker012
    Participant

@parker012

I am at my wits end. I have followed instructions and still cannot locate the forum on my blog. Where could it be.

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

If your permalinks are using the ID numbers, it will be at example.com/?post_type=forum

if you are using postname permalinks it will be at example.com/forums

parker012
    Participant

@parker012

Robkk

@robkk

okay your forums are here, but I see you have a little issue going to a topic.

http://safesportsgear4kidsguy.com/forums/

Did you modify any topic slugs in Settings > Forum?

Make sure that any custom slugs you have, have dashes instead of spaces in it.

The url of the youth sports topic should have dashes in it instead of %20.

parker012
    Participant

@parker012

Thank you. Did not do anything to slugs. What exactly should I do the the slugs in forum settings? What and where is this url that needs dashes? John

Robkk

@robkk

If you didn’t change any of the default forum slugs like say for a single topic, then don’t worry about it.

Ummm can you just edit the forum FORUM–Youth Sports, Parents, Gear and more!, tell me the permalink below the title input box is, if it doesn’t have spaces or those weird %20 text, then just update the forum real quick to see if this can fix the url of the topic link.

Go to Settings > Permalinks in the WordPress backend and do the same thing, just hit the save changes button.

And try going to Tools > Forums in the WordPress backend and running these two repair jobs, one at a time.

Recalculate the parent topic for each post
    Recalculate the parent forum for each post

Last possible thing you can do is maybe trash and delete your existing topic, youth sports and create a new one to see if this issue persists.

parker012
    Participant

@parker012

I am lost. Im sorry. Now forum page gone. I think I need to see what these setting should look like. I am a neophyte.

Robkk

@robkk

Your forums are here now.

http://safesportsgear4kidsguy.com/?post_type=forum

I think you accidentally changed the permalinks structure in Settings > Permalinks. Change it to postname…if you want postname…it does make the urls a little nicer for your forums.

parker012
    Participant

@parker012

Thank You. I still don,t get how to make it show up on main page?

parker012
    Participant

@parker012

I still cannot get my forum linked to my main page. I know its there. If you go to my main page there is no trace of it. How do i get this to work? John

parker012
    Participant

@parker012

How do I get my bbpress forum to connect to my main page? Help, This has been going on for weeks. John

Robin W

@robin-w

for main page then use the forum shortcode in the main page

[bbp-topic-index]

or use on of the other shortcodes

Shortcodes

parker012
    Participant

@parker012

Thank You, Where do I put the shortcode or how do I add the shortcode, Many thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

you put it into the content section of a page or post, so in your case on the homepage

parker012
    Participant

@parker012

when i click on [bbp-topic-index] I get oops page not found. I am sorry for the silliness, john

parker012
    Participant

@parker012

Forum still a no show on my main page!! John

Robin W

@robin-w

parker012
    Participant

@parker012

How do get them to be accessible on my home page?

Robin W

@robin-w

It is the shortcode, but I think that you probably need to pay someone to do this – different theme work in different ways and clearly this is not within your current skillset

http://jobs.wordpress.net/

parker012
    Participant

@parker012

still no forums. what is the problem?

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar