Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Missing Post Notifications & Users

• change494
    Participant

@change494

I cannot seem to figure out what is wrong with my forum notifications.
    I only get email notifications on some new topics and replies.
    I can’t find the setting to ensure I get notified whenever a new post is added.

Also, my users are not being stored.
    I cannot find their emails or names at all in my user tab of my wordpress admin….

Please help

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hi, let me try to cut these questions in different parts.
    I only get email notifications on some new topics and replies.
    Some basic things: You need to subscribe to the forum to get new topics. You need to subscribe to the topic to get the replies. You will not get notifications for your own topics that you post.
    Said that, it seems that on some forums there are issues in getting out the emails. You could try by installing a plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/asyncronous-bbpress-subscriptions/ and I would also suggest to use an SMTP tool (like postman smtp or other) that has good logs so you can find out what is happening.
    As you are on the bbPress forum, I suppose you talk about ‘topic’ and not ‘post’ ? If you talk about new topics, you need to be sure to be subscribed to the forum. You could use a plugin e.g bbP Manage Subscriptions to have the overview of who is subscribed to what forum.
    I cannot find their emails or names at all in my user tab of my wordpress admin….
    If you just use bbPress on WordPress, you have to find them there. If not, you will have to ask in a pure wordpress forum. If you would also use BuddyPress, then it’s better to ask in their forum.

Hope it gives you some directions.
    Pascal.

Robkk

@robkk

There isn’t a setting by default in bbPress. THere are a ton of plugins for this though.

This plugin that I found might work for you.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-notify-admins/

I cannot find their emails or names at all in my user tab of my wordpress admin

It should be there if you are using the bbPress plugin.

Is the data blank but the users are there, can you not see the columns or something??

change494
    Participant

@change494

Thank you for your reply

The users are not showing up at all in my database.
    I don’t know if this is because they are posting as a guest and they need to create an account in order to show up in my admin panel?
    Even as a guest I am still required to submit my email with my topic post….so where is this email going/being stored????

Please help I really need to find those emails.

Robkk

@robkk

I don’t know if this is because they are posting as a guest and they need to create an account in order to show up in my admin panel?

Yeah, guest users do not have accounts to your website so they will not be in the users section.

Even as a guest I am still required to submit my email with my topic post….so where is this email going/being stored????

I think it is in the post meta, so the post_meta table in your database.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar