Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Migration and Export

• duchesscorp
    Participant

@duchesscorp

We migrated one of our sites from Ultimate Member to BuddyPress because UM conflicted heavily with our custom plugin. Started with a fresh site for the most part and exported data because there are over 750 users on the site. Everything worked fine except exporting bbPress data. All the forums, replies, and posts show up in the admin but they will not show up on the front end. I can see the forums but if you click a link it says no topics or replies but in the backend, you see topics and replies. We’ve tried everything we can think of from removing metadata from Ultimate Member’s leftover data to deleting all the data and doing fresh imports. Same result every time.

The link is https://junipersl.com/community but I’m not sure how helpful it will be since the forum is members only. You can see some information but it’s like…it shows there are topics and replies but when you click, you get the error “Oh bother! No topics were found here!”

bbPress 2.5.14-6684
    WP 5.2.2
    Beaver Builder Theme

Any insight would be amazing.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• simplivllc
    Participant

@simplivllc

I too face the same problem.find no way to solve it.

duchesscorp
    Participant

@duchesscorp

Anyone have any idea here?

Robin W

@robin-w

Try dashboard>tools>forums>repair forums

duchesscorp
    Participant

@duchesscorp

The usual way to solve issues has already been tried multiple times. That’s the first thing that was done. And we did it with data and without data, no change.

duchesscorp
    Participant

@duchesscorp

I’m guessing this is a bug or something that no one knows about or has a clue about. Nevertheless, if you move from Ultimate Member to Buddypress and try to keep your bbPress topics and replies, you’ll have issues. UM leaves behind tags in the database that conflicts with BP.

designserve
    Participant

@designserve

I think I have a very similar issue (my replies are in the thread regarding CSV importing). Having imported Topics and replies WordPress is telling me they are in the same forum but I can’t get them to show up in the front end without editing them. I desperately need some help from a bbpress expert regarding importing forums via any reliable method please.

duchesscorp
    Participant

@duchesscorp

I feel better realizing this isn’t a foreign issue and I have some company in my misery but I do hope someone has a solution for the fallen here. I’ve literally tried everything short of handcrafting the database for this.

designserve
    Participant

@designserve

Thanks I actually feel better too that I have some company!

So, so many late nights. I’m looking at very old plugins and searching around the Internet at the moment. Wondering whether to try installing old versions of wordpress and bbpress so that they will work with old plugins, and then transfer to the latest bbpress somehow. I’ve been scraping my sites to get the CSVs and now I can’t import them, I actually can’t believe the situation I’m in. I decided on bbpress with buddypress for my new system last year and I’ve spent months setting it up, I can’t bear to start from scratch again.

Thanks for listening 🙂

designserve
    Participant

@designserve

Some of the info in the CSV thread could be useful to you. I don’t know but I feel as though the issues are connected. Linking you to Page 1 but see Page 2.

Import BB data from CSV file to bbPress forum

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar