Categories
Search
Bottom

@mentions for bbpress

• saltywd
    Participant

@saltywd

Hello All,

I have a forum that is not allowing the @mentions as it will write it in plain text but wont hyperlink it or bring up a populated set of members with what i type in at all. I would like to allow it to gather any user to tag them and receive a notification of a mention of there username. Anything I can do or check for this please? Thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

saltywd
    Participant

@saltywd

Hello Robin, Thanks for the quick reply. I have that plugin but it doesnt seem to work at all. I cant even see that it has any settings anywhere. I do have active right now, WP with Avada Theme, BBPress, bbp Style pack, bbpress notify, GD bbpress Attachments, and Ultimate Member and a few of its extensions for bbpress as it is a private forum.

on bbp style pack there is a check box to make @mentions help, but says you need buddypress or bbp-mentions-email-notifications which I have tried that plugin and it doesnt work either.

Would love to use your plugin but i cant get it to work at all.

I see on GIST there is some code for a bp-custom.php file which includes this

<?php
    /** You could put this in the bp-custom.php file 
     * @see https://codex.buddypress.org/themes/bp-custom-php/
     */
    function custom_bbpress_maybe_load_mentions_scripts( $retval = false ) {
    	if ( function_exists( 'bbpress' ) && is_bbpress() ) {
    		$retval = true;
    	}

return $retval;
    }
    add_filter( 'bp_activity_maybe_load_mentions_scripts', 'custom_bbpress_maybe_load_mentions_scripts' );

saltywd
    Participant

@saltywd

I also see on that same Gist site that someone wrote this:

Interestingly or not tried this on a local dev install and it worked as expected on bbp topic textarea, thought no more and uploaded to a staging site where it apparently failed to work, after checking all the obvious, script enqueueing correctly etc found the only difference was I had the bbp textarea toolbar buttons activated, and indeed activating those on the staging site kicked the @mentions into life.

But I dont know where to activate the bbp textarea toolbar buttons.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, quite a while ago that I last looked at this area, I’ll try and take a fresh look when I can.

saltywd
    Participant

@saltywd

Thank you so much, it is an active site and just wish it had the drop down for @mentions working, the @robin-w works just fine on my site just wont populate while writing it is all.

saltywd
    Participant

@saltywd

@robin-w so looks like it was not working in my visual editor within bbpress but when i click on the text editor it does work. UGH, didnt think about that.Next question is there a way to make it work with visual editor? if not its okay but most people use the visual editor on bbpress instead of the text one is why i ask. Thanks again!!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar