Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

@mentions feature

• joym
    Participant

@joymoleta

Hello everyone. I’m new to bbpress. I have both bbpress and buddypress installed. In bbpress the @mentions feature doesn’t create the popup screen. I’m confused as to where the notifications are for a mention as well. Can anyone help me understand the way this works or how it should work?

Thank you.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

bbPress i think will have @mentions in a future release, but for now you can use BuddPress’s own scripts for bbPress using this function.

add it to your child theme functions.php or a functionality plugin

function custom_bbpress_maybe_load_mentions_scripts( $retval = false ) {
    	if ( function_exists( 'bbpress' ) && is_bbpress() ) {
    		$retval = true;
    	}

return $retval;
    }
    add_filter( 'bp_activity_maybe_load_mentions_scripts', 'custom_bbpress_maybe_load_mentions_scripts' );

joym
    Participant

@joymoleta

Hello, thank you for your response. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get this to work. 🙁

Robkk

@robkk

@joymoleta

i just tried it and it seemed to work.

did you place the function correctly??

can you currently see the @mentions dropdown in the buddypress activity post-forms.

joym
    Participant

@joymoleta

Hi, my correction. It does work. I’m not sure why it wasn’t before…maybe my cache needed to be cleared. Thank you very much for your help with this.

Robkk

@robkk

Your not suppose to cache for logged in users especially on membership sites.

if you do find an exact issue report back.

jturet
    Participant

@jturet

How can I get this to work on the visual editor? Works fine on text editor.

Robkk

@robkk

@jturet

I don’t know , suggest you hire a developer if you really want this functionality.

but by default bbPress and BuddyPress do not use the visual editors so Id say just use the default text editor.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar