Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

May have to give up on bbpress :(

• randrcomputers
    Participant

@randrcomputers

I have tried for months to speed up site but nothing is working. Submitting a post can take 20 sec. everything is slow. Cant find anything to help ive tried 3 host’s VPS, CDN Everything and still slow. Seems switching now wont be easy but im loosing members due to speed. Anyone have link to anyone who can help? or is switching to another forum software only answer? I tested regular forum software and is instant response but i see no easy way to convert the bbpress forums 🙁

vpinball.com is the site

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Fuskeduske
    Participant

@fuskeren

Hi Randr,

Are you sure it is bbpress? The website itself seems really slow, you could try making a clone of the website and disable theme / plugins, then enable them again one by one.

According to tools.pingdom.com this element is bringing up 2.5 seconds of load alone on the frontpage:

http://vpinball.com/?wc-ajax=get_refreshed_fragments

-Mads

randrcomputers
    Participant

@randrcomputers

fuskeren i do have a dev site up test.vpinball.com Ive spent so much time trying to get normal speed im at a loss at this point.

Fuskeduske
    Participant

@fuskeren

Hi Randr,

Have you tried disabling the plugins one by one? Eventually reverting to standard theme?

Robkk

@robkk

Do you have subscriptions active? Are they automatic for every user? Are they already set up with an smtp service like mandrill?

Subscriptions could be related to slow post submission times. If users are automatically subscribed to topic they reply to, or just forums they participate in, it is recommended that you use a function to change how the bbPress subscriptions work and go from BCC to one at a time, and then use an SMTP service like mandrill or something else that might work.

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2162

Are you using anything that would scan the bbPress reply or topic submitted before they are submitted, like say a spam plugin or content filter?

randrcomputers
    Participant

@randrcomputers

Interesting. I did disable all plugins and seems to be a bbpress issue?
    I do allow subscribe to topic and even installed AsynCRONous bbPress Subscriptions plugin
    oddly the only thing that seems to “help” is throttle posting every setting to “1” that seems to cut submitting down to around 6-12 seconds but that is still way to long.
    I have wordfence installed and don’t think that scans anything during a post?
    Also have wangaurd installed would need to check settings on that but don’t seem to be cause of issue

siparker
    Participant

@siparker

hit f12 and look at console output

your site is tryign to do a few bits which its waiting for and not running

http://vpinball.com/wp-content/plugins/bbp-style-pack/css/bspstyle.css 404 (Not Found)

then some jquery stuff which is either not loading or says you are using deprecated functions in jquery.min

also looks like some facebook issue possibly. it cant find your application error i think.

‘//@ sourceURL’ and ‘//@ sourceMappingURL’ are deprecated, please use ‘//# sourceURL=’ and ‘//# sourceMappingURL=’ instead.
    flyzoo.start.js:49 Flyzoo > loadFlyzoo()
    flyzoo.v2.0.0.js:1 Flyzoo V2.5.6 – Start //widget-b.flyzoo.co/
    flyzoo.v2.0.0.js:4 StartFlyzoo
    jquery.min.js:1’//@ sourceURL’ and ‘//@ sourceMappingURL’ are deprecated, please use ‘//# sourceURL=’ and ‘//# sourceMappingURL=’ instead.
    jquery.min.js:1’//@ sourceURL’ and ‘//@ sourceMappingURL’ are deprecated, please use ‘//# sourceURL=’ and ‘//# sourceMappingURL=’ instead.
    ping?client_id=898443556938827&domain=vpinball.com&origin=1&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fstaticxx.face…:1 Application Error: There was a problem getting data for the application you requested. The application may not be valid or there may be a temporary glitch. Please try again later.
    jquery.min.js:1 ‘//@ sourceURL’ and ‘//@ sourceMappingURL’ are deprecated, please use ‘//# sourceURL=’ and ‘//# sourceMappingURL=’ instead.

randrcomputers
    Participant

@randrcomputers

@siparker I think I took care of most of that? disabled all facebook stuff. fixed the style.css deal that was missing. not sure on jquwry.min but will look into that. will test tonight thank you for the tips! can you look again and see if I took care of at least a few of the issues?

randrcomputers
    Participant

@randrcomputers

This may be a shocker but I think its faster!

siparker
    Participant

@siparker

yep no errors showing in console now.

runs normal speed for me

probably be sped up a bit on a dedicated server or a tweaked vps but basically running well

randrcomputers
    Participant

@randrcomputers

Is faster for sure. One thing I do notice and maybe I have a setting wrong but I think the reason submitting a post is slow is the cache is cleared at the same time a post is submitted? Seems that way but I may be wrong? Would make sense to get submitting the post over then clear cache and maybe that’s why I see a delay? I’m all for doing any tweaking to vps to improve things as much I can but my knowledge on this stuff is very little

Brandon Allen
    Participant

@thebrandonallen

FYI, there are speed improvements coming to 2.6 related to the posting of topics. We’re getting very close to a release.

Vitor Madeira
    Participant

@vitormadeira

@thebrandonallen, that would be great news.

I have a vBulletin project waiting for some details to be available in bbPress for more than one year…

I really would like to integrate the whole ‘ecosystem’ on my site based on WordPress but bbPress is still light years away of what some other (even open source) forum scripts let us do.

Hope 2.6 would be “the” giant leap for bbPress.

randrcomputers
    Participant

@randrcomputers

@thebrandonallen I hope it helps. I almost want to try it now but no idea if it would break something. I do have a dev site maybe I could try it there for testing

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar