Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Matsuri.maoi.se – WPMU>BP>BbPress integrated

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How did you start?

if (file_exists(‘../wp-blog-header.php’))

require_once(‘../wp-blog-header.php’);

didn’t work for me.

It’s not a deep integration: But that’s something I will try later. :)

How did you embed youtube videos in the forum?

It could be: BBVideo plugin

Yes. I used that. But the plugin have a problem. I can only show 1 youtube video per post. Anyone had the same experience?

Latest news:

I made a kind of Latest Featured Articles widget on the front website.

– I found a very neat CSS/Jquery snippet that i hooked up with the wordpress loop, added a plugin called

“custom-field-images” so I can add image metatags on my blog posts, and then echoing the url to the featured article widget.

The result is an image with some transparent hovering div over with headlines and excerpt + a list of the latest blog posts that are powered by Jquery to change the main image and text om click.

@anandasama This may be a silly question, but are you using two bbPress installs?

I am in the preliminary stages of developing a site with similar functionality using WPMU 2.8.6 and BuddyPress 1.1.3.

I used the BuddyPress UI to install/integrate bbPress (not sure which version) which was dead easy and is working fine BUT forums can only be accessed from a group context and I have no access to the bbPress admin screens. I feel like I’m missing something basic, but can’t figure out what.

Any feedback you are willing to provide will be greatly appreciated.

gerikg,

I saw that post and (foolishly) hoped for a different answer. However, i did follow your advice in the linked post (‘go look in the BuddyPress docs’) and found this answer:

You cannot use the admin panel of bbPress if you use the one/two click BuddyPress installation. If you want a bbPress admin panel and want to install bbPress plugins, you need to install bbPress externally, then use the WordPress integration plugin, then you go to BuddyPress Forum component and click on “I want to use exisiting bbPress forum”

in the BuddyPress forums where i probably should have looked in the first place.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar