Categories
Search
Bottom

Lost password page not redirecting

• van24
    Participant

@van24

Hi everyone,

When someone fill out the password reset form on BBP forum and hits submit, the page just refreshes. Shouldn’t it be displaying something like “A password reset link has been sent to your email”? Or redirecting to another page? Instead, it looks like the form just hasn’t worked.

The good news is that the password reset email is actually being sent correctly. But a regular user is just going to think that the form hasn’t worked.

I have the login, register and password reset pages set up. Any suggestions why this is happening?

Cheers
    V

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

i dont think the normal WordPress reset password redirects either. (bbPress is built off of WordPress)

so i think its normal??

you could add this to your functions.php in your child to redirect to your homepage after a reset password though.

function wpse_lost_password_redirect() {
        wp_redirect( home_url() ); 
        exit;
    }
    add_action('password_reset', 'wpse_lost_password_redirect');

or try this for a custom page

function wpse_lost_password_redirect() {
        wp_redirect( 'http://yoursite.com/allowed-password-recovery/' ); 
        exit;
    }
    add_action('password_reset', 'wpse_lost_password_redirect');

van24
    Participant

@van24

Thanks Rob I’ll try that

Jerry
    Participant

@gerard749

I have the same issue as above, ‘When someone fill out the password reset form on BBP forum and hits submit, the page just refreshes. it looks like the form just hasn’t worked.’, but it does. The email is sent. Once the email is sent the steps that follow are the same as a normal WordPress password reset.

The above php functions changes what happens after the email is sent and the email link is used to reset the password. They do not effect the original issue- ‘it looks like the form just hasn’t worked.’

Thank you for your time.

Jerry

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar