Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Lost access to edit the ability to edit forum post types

• anthonyae
    Participant

@anthonyae

Since updating bbPress to version 2.5.14 on WordPress version 5.2.1, Administrator roles have lost access to be able to edit the Forum post types but can edit global settings on the forums. If navigating to the Forum post edit page, it states “Sorry, you are not allowed to edit posts in this post type.”

Looking with User Role Editor to check Administrator permissions, the group has access to every function with the Forum post type.

Any ideas on why this suddenly changed and what me causing the loss of access?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Then come back

anthonyae
    Participant

@anthonyae

I’ve tried this, it doesn’t seem to fix it. I reverted the website to twentyfifteen and only the bbPress plugin, but no success.

The main thing I notice as well as the Forums link on the dashboard sidebar has disappeared, but I’d assume it’s due to this permissions issue.

Any ideas from here?

Robin W

@robin-w

I’m running 5.2.2 and version 2.5.14 with no problems, and 5.2.1 was fine as well on twentyten theme

The main thing I notice as well as the Forums link on the dashboard sidebar has disappeared, but I’d assume it’s due to this permissions issue.

This is usually a theme or plugin conflict as per above.

anthonyae
    Participant

@anthonyae

I am able to edit them now with everything disabled and the theme set to twentyfifteen. Though, the forums dashboard option still doesn’t show.

Any ideas for that?

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, not sure what to suggest next

I’m experiencing the same issue, using WP 5.2.2 and bbPress 2.6-alpha.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar