Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Login WP not logging in BBpress

• I can’t seem to get users to login to both at all. I have tried several solutions on here and no matter what users will not login to both wordpress and bbpress.

I set all the cookie fields, and user database fields. Users are getting shared between the both just have to login twice.

I added the following to code to both wp-config and bb-config:

define( ‘COOKIE_DOMAIN’, ‘.domainname.com’ );

define( ‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’ );

I am not using wordpress MU, so none of those options are checked. I am running bbpress 1.02 and wordpress 3.0.4

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • hello thors1982,

Make sure the following are on your bb-config.php and not only in the bbpress admin panel :

BB_AUTH_KEY, BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY, BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY, BB_NONCE_KEY

I added only the line below to my wp-config.php (no lines added to bb-config.php)

hope it helped

hello thors1982,

Make sure the following are on your bb-config.php and not only in the bbpress admin panel :

BB_AUTH_KEY, BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY, BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY, BB_NONCE_KEY

I added only the line below to my wp-config.php (no lines added to bb-config.php)

hope it helped

I had the exact same problem and I tired everything that was suggested, including triple-checking that all my keys matched, the cookie path was set, and the bbPress Integration plugin was installed in WordPress. I still couldn’t get integration working.

Here’s what I did to fix it: I deleted bbPress, installed a new copy, and during installation entered the same database information as I used for WordPress (same database, same username/password, all of which are available in wp-config.php). I also filled in the various salts and keys as required.

That allowed full user integration on both a database and cookie level and now everything works perfectly. Single sign-on, one-time registration, etc.

Hope this helps someone!

I had the exact same problem and I tired everything that was suggested, including triple-checking that all my keys matched, the cookie path was set, and the bbPress Integration plugin was installed in WordPress. I still couldn’t get integration working.

Here’s what I did to fix it: I deleted bbPress, installed a new copy, and during installation entered the same database information as I used for WordPress (same database, same username/password, all of which are available in wp-config.php). I also filled in the various salts and keys as required.

That allowed full user integration on both a database and cookie level and now everything works perfectly. Single sign-on, one-time registration, etc.

Hope this helps someone!

koawinter
    Participant

@koawinter

Raamdev, could you give a more detailed description on what you did to the salts and keys (or everything). I’m having issues getting this as well, and just tried a few things and am now kicked out for not even being a member (using the admin) saying “user does not exist”.

koawinter
    Participant

@koawinter

Raamdev, could you give a more detailed description on what you did to the salts and keys (or everything). I’m having issues getting this as well, and just tried a few things and am now kicked out for not even being a member (using the admin) saying “user does not exist”.

tyskkvinna

@tyskkvinna

This is the same problem I’ve been fighting. Would really love a solution to it…

I tried Raamdev’s suggestion and I got this error upon installation:

Forum could not be created!

If I go to my bbpress main url, it says

Oh dear!

bbPress is already installed.

Perhaps you meant to run the upgrade script instead?

And then bumps me back to the same error of the installation page.

tyskkvinna

@tyskkvinna

This is the same problem I’ve been fighting. Would really love a solution to it…

I tried Raamdev’s suggestion and I got this error upon installation:

Forum could not be created!

If I go to my bbpress main url, it says

Oh dear!

bbPress is already installed.

Perhaps you meant to run the upgrade script instead?

And then bumps me back to the same error of the installation page.

If you’re getting a message that says bbPress is already installed, make sure you’ve done the following:

• Deleted all bbPress files on your site
    • Deleted the bbPress database or related tables (likely prefixed with bb_)

Now, you can install a fresh copy of bbPress and run the installation process by visiting the bbpress directory.

Step 1: Use the same database information as you did for your WordPress install (if you’re not sure what you used, check the wp-config.php file).

Step 2: Check all three boxes and fill in the necessary details:

• Add integration settings
    • (no options)

• Add cookie integration settings
    • Fill in all of the boxes. You can get the keys and salts from your WordPress wp-config.php and the rest of the settings from the General Settings section in WordPress Admin.

• Add user database integration settings
    • If you used the default table prefix (wp_) when you installed WordPress, you don’t need to change any of these options.

• Show advanced database settings
    • (Leave unchecked) If you used your WordPress database information in Step 1 as I explained, you don’t need to check this box.

Step 3: If you did everything correctly, you should get a drop-down box that lets you select the WordPress user that should become the bbPress admin. If you get boxes to create a bbPress admin, you did something wrong in Step 1 or Step 2.

Configuring WordPress

To ensure that logging into WordPress sets all the necessary cookies for using bbPress, you should install the bbPress Integration Plugin and then set the “bbPress URL” option to match the URL to your bbPress forum (Settings -> bbPress Integration).

Also, make sure you add this line to the top of your wp-config.php file, just below <?php:

define( 'COOKIEPATH', '/' );

If you’ve done everything I explained here, single-login should work as expected.

If you’re getting a message that says bbPress is already installed, make sure you’ve done the following:

• Deleted all bbPress files on your site
    • Deleted the bbPress database or related tables (likely prefixed with bb_)

Now, you can install a fresh copy of bbPress and run the installation process by visiting the bbpress directory.

Step 1: Use the same database information as you did for your WordPress install (if you’re not sure what you used, check the wp-config.php file).

Step 2: Check all three boxes and fill in the necessary details:

• Add integration settings
    • (no options)

• Add cookie integration settings
    • Fill in all of the boxes. You can get the keys and salts from your WordPress wp-config.php and the rest of the settings from the General Settings section in WordPress Admin.

• Add user database integration settings
    • If you used the default table prefix (wp_) when you installed WordPress, you don’t need to change any of these options.

• Show advanced database settings
    • (Leave unchecked) If you used your WordPress database information in Step 1 as I explained, you don’t need to check this box.

Step 3: If you did everything correctly, you should get a drop-down box that lets you select the WordPress user that should become the bbPress admin. If you get boxes to create a bbPress admin, you did something wrong in Step 1 or Step 2.

Configuring WordPress

To ensure that logging into WordPress sets all the necessary cookies for using bbPress, you should install the bbPress Integration Plugin and then set the “bbPress URL” option to match the URL to your bbPress forum (Settings -> bbPress Integration).

Also, make sure you add this line to the top of your wp-config.php file, just below <?php:

define( 'COOKIEPATH', '/' );

If you’ve done everything I explained here, single-login should work as expected.

tyskkvinna

@tyskkvinna

I can’t delete the existing installation, because it’s on a live, active website with 3k+ users. So I installed it in a new directory and used a different prefix. (bb1_) It should still work with that, no?

tyskkvinna

@tyskkvinna

I can’t delete the existing installation, because it’s on a live, active website with 3k+ users. So I installed it in a new directory and used a different prefix. (bb1_) It should still work with that, no?

I imagine it should, yes. Did you use the same database info as your WordPress install, as I explained in Step 1?

At which point during the install are you getting an error?

I imagine it should, yes. Did you use the same database info as your WordPress install, as I explained in Step 1?

At which point during the install are you getting an error?

tyskkvinna

@tyskkvinna

The installation pops up at the very last step.

Welcome to the bbPress installer

Step 1 – Database configuration

« completed

Step 2 – WordPress integration (optional)

« completed

Step 3 – Site settings

« completed

Installation completed with some errors!

Your installation completed with some minor errors. See the error log below for more specific information.

You can now log in with the following details:

Username:

Moose8

Password:

Site address:

http://thegeekgroup.org/bbpress/

Up till that last button it was going smoothly. I was actually expecting it to work! :) (I tried it again)

tyskkvinna

@tyskkvinna

The installation pops up at the very last step.

Welcome to the bbPress installer

Step 1 – Database configuration

« completed

Step 2 – WordPress integration (optional)

« completed

Step 3 – Site settings

« completed

Installation completed with some errors!

Your installation completed with some minor errors. See the error log below for more specific information.

You can now log in with the following details:

Username:

Moose8

Password:

Site address:

http://thegeekgroup.org/bbpress/

Up till that last button it was going smoothly. I was actually expecting it to work! :) (I tried it again)

What does the error log on step 3 say?

Have you tried installing a fresh copy to a totally different directory and using a different database (i.e., doing it without trying to integrate with WordPress)?

What does the error log on step 3 say?

Have you tried installing a fresh copy to a totally different directory and using a different database (i.e., doing it without trying to integrate with WordPress)?

tyskkvinna

@tyskkvinna

That’s literally the entire error. Everything is fine until that very last click, and then it errors.

It works fine if I config without integrating- did that twice by accident because I forgot to click the integrate button.

tyskkvinna

@tyskkvinna

That’s literally the entire error. Everything is fine until that very last click, and then it errors.

It works fine if I config without integrating- did that twice by accident because I forgot to click the integrate button.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar