Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Login using Facebook Connect

• The facebook connect system will be launched shortly, could we use this to login to bbpress and thus integrate with an already ‘connected’ wordpress site?

Viewing 18 replies - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)

• feastoffools

@feastoffools

Still waiting here to know– anyone know if there’s a way to log into bbpress using facebook connect, disqus or something like that?

Yeah give us facebook connect! :D

sry, i’m too stupid to program such a plugin myself xD

Came on CK, OpenID??? … right now Facebook rulez the planet the existence of this plugin will kick asses!!

grassrootspa

@grassrootspa

I love the Facebook Connect idea. How about this too: An “IntenseDebate Connect” option as well (user can signin using their IntenseDebate User name and password.

Since Automattic are behind both IntenseDebate and bbPress I’m guessing it would be easier to implement than Facebook Connect.

Haha a FB plugin would indeed rock our bbpress worlds, Buddypress has this feature (at least in their demo), who’s planning to “steal” the source code :P

Olaf Lederer
    Participant

@finalwebsites

I’m using a WP plugin for my blog, can’t imagine it would be that difficult…

https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-facebookconnect/

The connect button is automatically added to the registration page and a user is created.

These two things need some modifications I guess

Rohan Kapoor

@rohan_kapoor

All you’d really need to do would be replace the wordpress functions with bbpress and it would work. I’ll take a look and let you know.

Facebook connect already works with Digg. I use it all the time.

grassrootspa

@grassrootspa

Facebook Connect would both be awesome.

Heck, what about Twitter Connect and IntenseDebate Connect as well?

Hey guys, I found a forum that allows for FaceBook Connect, it’s pretty cool. Check it out at: http://mjhideout.com/forum/

Olaf Lederer
    Participant

@finalwebsites

lol there are thousands I guess … (check the footer: Powered by vBulletin®)

You can use same user db if you integrate BBpress with Worpdress, and apply FB Connect plugin on WP, but only problem are avatars, they don’t show up on BB press.

af3
    Participant

@af3

@sennad, yep! Anyone ever came up with hacks to show the facebook pics appear as avatar in bbpress?

anyone? thx

af3
    Participant

@af3

opps.. got it working with crude facebook connect instructions @facebook. Anyway, for those that are interested, you can adopt the buddypress-enabled WP facebook connect to bbpress and get the facebook connect running on bbpress. At least I am able to get the login/logout in bbpress as well as share + avatar. Profile edit is all handled by bp with the exception of favorites topics.

Dailytalker

@dailytalker

@af3, could you please describe how you got it working? Please give us step by step instructions.

Facebook connect is very important.

af3
    Participant

@af3

Dailytalker, i’m not a coder, so i hope this will point you to the right direction:

1. i’m running wpmu+buddypress+bbpress and installed bp-fbconnect plugin

2. for bbpress, i followed the fbconnect instruction in facebook website; it has a step by step instruction how to get the fbconnect installed in a page (meaning, hack your bbpress theme files).

Dailytalker

@dailytalker

@af3, I just installed on a website wordpress mu 2.9.2 and buddypress 1.2 with bbpress. Unfortunately there are some problems with the bp-fbconnect plugin. For example I can login with FB-Connect but I cannot log out.

I also tried wordpress with buddypress, bb-press and the FB-Connect plugin – that worked. Strange…

Further problem:

buddypress-bbpress forums are group based. With a bbpress standalone you can have category-based topics…I prefer category based topics. It is easier to keep the overview.

sweetanne

@sweetanne

https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/loginradius-for-wordpress/

This plugin supports buddypress and provides login from Facebook.

Viewing 18 replies - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar