Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

List of queries performed for new topics and replies?

• TKServer
    Participant

@tkserver

I’ve been making my one custom threaded reply page which displays the posts/replies in a little different format. I’ve got new posts posting correctly to the wp_post and wp_postmeta. I’m struggling with replies though, and what is inserted and updated in the db there.

Anyone know all the queries that are performed on post, reply, and reply-reply? Replies to replies seem different than standard replies etc.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Does installing the Query Monitor and Query Monitor bbPress & BuddyPress Conditionals help you any find these out??

TKServer
    Participant

@tkserver

Hmmmm. Query monitor? Sounds intriguing. Never heard of it. I’ll see what that is.

TKServer
    Participant

@tkserver

Thanks for the tip on Query Monitor. It is cool for development. However I think the page is refreshing after the bbp posts to the DB, which is wiping out the db queries.

Hi TKServer,

I stick to my previous comment that using bbpress functions would cause you a lot less sleepless nights 🙂

For understanding the data stored, you can just create a topic, a reply and a reply-to-a-reply and check 2 tables : posts and postmeta. With some basic reverse engineering you should understand what gets saved in the few records that are added. In posts you can find the type. In the metadata you will find the parent of the item (can be a reply, a topic or a forum).

Hope this helps you,
    Pascal.

TKServer
    Participant

@tkserver

Yes Pascal I’m 90% of the way on that. Thanks. I see that different queries happen based on whether it is a topic, reply, or reply to a reply. Figuring out functions for walking up the voices, post numbers (original post meta) and all that I have yet to figure out.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar