Categories
Search
Bottom

links to forums broken

• bedbugger
    Participant

@bedbugger

Hello,

I am a boob, obviously, and have messed something up terribly.

Or something is going wrong.

My bbpress forums have been fine for about 2 days, but I’ve been making little tweaks (changing appearance and adding plugins mostly).

Today I noticed that when you click forum titles, you get an error message. (Instead of /forum/4 leading to the forum in question, it is a 404). On the other hand, if you click a topic, you can read the topic (belonging to the same forum). If you then click the forum title above the topic post, you get the error message.

Forums aren’t loading.

I am not sure what caused this. I was doing stuff to the frontpage.php, but I tried reverting back to an earlier one and it did not fix the problem.

I checked the MySQL databases and it said they were fine, though I really don’t know what I am doing, obviously.

How do I fix this?

Any advice you have will be gratefully received.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• bedbugger
    Participant

@bedbugger

I should have been clear: the forums in question are at

http://bedbugger.com/forum

Sam Bauers

@sambauers

Are you using mod_rewrite or multiviews?

Post your .htaccess file here and maybe we can find the problem.

bedbugger
    Participant

@bedbugger

the .htaccess file is:

Options +MultiViews

(That’s the entire file. I havebbpress sharing a database with wordpress.)

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I’m having the same problems, quite as suddenly as you! There is a major flaw somewhere that someone has found.

I see your problem there bedbugger. It seems to head over to the wordpress install and give a 404 error when you try and access the forum. What version are you running of bbPress? If you change back to the default theme, do this still happen? Do you have any plugins? If you replace forum.php in your template with the original from the download does that help?

Trent

Bedbugger, kannued found out that an upgraded apache server caused the permalinks problem for them and the default theme worked with permalinks turned off. Could you test that for me?

Trent

bedbugger
    Participant

@bedbugger

HI Trent,

Thanks for the replies. I tried the default theme and replacing forum.php. They did not work. THEN I found that there was a “forum” folder inside the forum directory, containing a “bb-admin” file. I have no idea where it came from (maybe I was sloppy with Transmit?) but it looks like a serious case of user error.

Anyway, up and running once again :-)

Thanks!

Good to hear! Thought you had a strange situation going on there…!

Trent

bedbugger
    Participant

@bedbugger

I posted another comment here then decided it should be a new post :-)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar