Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Links not showing correct

• When I insert a link in bbpress it does not show correct on my page. All links will be stacked on the left site of the message. Here is a picture of the HTML code that is generated and how it is showed.

Link not showing correct

The problem is only in bbpress, not when inserting links in WordPress in general. It is the same no matter i I insert the link using bbcode or using the WordPress toolbar.

What can be the problem here? Is there some CSS that controls this in bbpress?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

This might related to the issue in this trac ticket since you said bbcode.

The plugin author of the plugin you are probably using created the ticket.

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2889

But my link is not ending with a “/”. And it is not only when using the shortcode [url] but also when using wordpress toolbar for inserting the link.

Robkk

@robkk

I guess it could be CSS related then. Place a link to your forums so I can see if possible margin or padding css is causing the issue for any links in a bbPress post.

Thanks 🙂

An example is the first reply to this post, where there are two links in the text, but it is stacked to the left of the text.

Billigt webhotel til min hjemmeside

Robkk

@robkk

Add this custom css anywhere you can add custom css like in your child themes style.css stylesheet or in a separate plugin.

#bbpress-forums .reply a {
        float: none;
    }

That worked – thank you very much 🙂 Was this a mistake in my WP theme or in BBpress?

Robkk

@robkk

It is a common theme issue related to styling wordpress comments.

Your theme has this CSS to style the wordpress comments. Thing is bbPress has an entire class for each reply which is .reply and it affected any link in a bbPress reply.

.reply a {
        font-weight: bold;
        float: left;
        padding: 0;
        font-size: 12px;
    }

Ok, that makes sense. Again thank you very much. You just turned my bbpress forum into a much more useful forum system. Have a nice day.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar