Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Limit Anonymous Users and add ability to get reply notifications

• hamzahali
    Participant

@hamzahali

bbpress contains: Allow guest users without accounts to create topics and replies

I think there should to 2 seperate options,
    1. Allow guest to create topics
    2. allow guest to create replies.

Also I think this is a must option,

When posting as anonymous this option disapears, even thought its the most important one.
    Notify me of follow-up replies via email

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• GuardianWisp
    Participant

@guardianwisp

Did you found a way around this one? I am too searching for the same thing. Replying to an old post as I think this is still relevant and creating a new topics for a similar issue doesn’t serve any new purposes.

Anyone to answer?

Costin
    Participant

@ldcostin

Hi,

First assure that ‘Allow guest users without accounts to create topics and replies’ is checked.

To allow guest just to create topics, in wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/form-topic.php one line 28 change with:

<?php if ( bbp_current_user_can_access_create_topic_form() && !bbp_is_anonymous() ) : ?>

To allow guest just to create topics, in wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/form-reply.php one line 28 change with:

<?php if ( bbp_current_user_can_access_create_reply_form() && !bbp_is_anonymous() ) : ?>

Robkk

@robkk

Just so you guys know there is a plugin for bbPress that could do what you guys want.

It is fairly new, so consider testing it out and if you come across any issues contact the developer in their support forum.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-anonymous-subscriptions/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar