Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Last posted by?

• I was wondering if anyone knew what I would call to add a column to my forums so that I can see who originally posted a thread and who last commented? It drives me bonkers that I can only see who last posted and not who started the thread.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I agree with this. Also, what would I call to display the date/time of the last post in a forum? This would be so I could say: Latest post at TIME by USER

Look for the block of code that makes the forums in front-page.php and in forum.php. Add this in there.

<td class="num"><?php topic_auther(); ?></td>

<td class="num"><?php topic_start_time(); ?></td>

The topic_start_time() expects the format to be MySQL time. They do not need an argument to work but they can have one for whatever reason, I don’t know. I just found these by going into bb-includes/template-functions.php.

What do I call in the forum section of those pages so I can make a column to show who posted and when before I open a forum?

Woops, rather nasty typo above. Author is spelt with an o, so make that

<td class="num"><?php topic_author(); ?></td>

You already have those columns, dlevy, or do I misunderstand? By default it shows the last poster and when.

Sorry fel64. I am not being very articulate and I appreciate your replies. There are two tables on the main page. One with latest discussions and below that it says forums. There are three columns on the forums section: main theme, topics and posts. I want to add another column that tells you who lost posted in that forum and at what time.

Thanks,

Daniel

I don’t believe that that is something you can do without a plugin. It’s not information written in the forums table in the database (possibly a good thing; not sure what I think of the incredibly non-Normal Form tables) and I can’t find a template tag to do it. To do this sort of thing I think you’d need to do a database query or two, not hard but possibly not the best thing to start off making plugins with.

Alright. Thanks so much.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar