Categories
Search
Bottom

Kunena 2.x to bbpress (latest) Thread and reply count ok but no content

• Altersoundwork
    Participant

@altersoundwork

Hi there,

So, took forever but eventually the importer finished, all the forums are there, when you go to debates and replies in admin they are all there and assigned to the right users, but when going to the user side of things, the forums and subforums are there with the correct count of posts and so on within them but when you go in to any of them, there´s no threads, as if it was empty (even if the count is right and it does mention latest posts and threads and so on.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Altersoundwork
    Participant

@altersoundwork

Anyone?

Altersoundwork
    Participant

@altersoundwork

Aniway, fixed it by taking the risk and updating the source forum tu Kunena 3, as far as I can tell, the Kunena 2 converter does not work.

Support is dissapointing

Robkk

@robkk

sorry about you getting no responses

im lately fiddling with importing other forum software to bbPress

its a learning curve but yeah maybe in the future we wont have to always rely on Stephen for importing forums support tickets when he is busy.

if you have any other information to post to help out future users who have could come across the same issue please do so.

Altersoundwork
    Participant

@altersoundwork

Hi Robk,

I understand but you know it´s supposed to be pretty much the official wordpress forum solution and it we made the leap from joomla to wordpress and the forum was a main pilar of our site and we´re finding bbpress so incrediby fustrating, no primate messages, no way to tell users if x post has unread replies (I mean, really!? how is a user supposed to use it regularily!?) and it´s just ridicolous, I´m sure bbpress has many good features but… so far it´s just useless to us and we have no special needs, just a conventional, everyday forum with conventional everyday features.

As for the converter, for whoever finds this post, I found no solution for Kunena 2 converter. Only solution was to update the joomla forum to Kunena 3 and then run the Kunena 3 converter/importer and that seemed to work.

Robkk

@robkk

we´re finding bbpress so incredibly frustrating, no private messages, no way to tell users if x post has unread replies (I mean, really!? how is a user supposed to use it regularly!?)

sorry about your experience so far, there is alot of unread posts plugins that do unread posts quite differently in each one.

search google for these.

bbPress – Pencil Unread
    bbPress Unread Posts
    bbPress New Topics
    bbPress Go To First Unread Post
    bbPress – Mark as Read
    bbPress – Thread Catch-Up

and as for private messages their are a bunch of WordPress plugins that do that also. 1 for sure is BuddyPress which is made by the same developer as bbPress.

check out this topic for other examples besides BuddyPress’ private messages feature. https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/private-messages-not-with-buddy-press/

if you have any other issues with bbPress please make a new topic and the support will try to handle it as soon as possible.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar