Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Junk html under forum titles in wp

• valarcher
    Participant

@valarcher

Hi – I’m getting a ton of unwanted html on the Forums page between each forum title. I need it to display *only* the title and description — same way only title is displayed on Posts and Pages — not all that junk html. Astra says it’s not coming from their theme.

Does anyone know why bbpress does this, and how to solve it? Thanks!

Here’s the image: https://imgbox.com/WYiTWGnW

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

that looks like the forum descrioption – ie what is entered in

dashboard>forums>all forums>edit (a forum!) and the content under the title

valarcher
    Participant

@valarcher

Problem is I need it to display like this:

Challenge Question — Private
    What’s your number one challenge related to eating high-raw plant-strong?
    Edit | Close | Trash | View

High-Raw Plant-Strong Life — Private
    Ask questions, share your knowledge of the high-raw plant-strong lifestyle

And instead its displaying like this:

Challenge Question — Private
    What’s your number one challenge related to eating high-raw plant-strong? <div id=”highlighter–hover-tools” style=”display: none;”> <div id=”highlighter–hover-tools–container”> <div class=”highlighter–icon highlighter–icon-copy” title=”Copy”></div> <div class=”highlighter–icon highlighter–icon-change-color” title=”Change Color”></div> <div class=”highlighter–icon highlighter–icon-delete” title=”Delete”></div> </div> </div> <div id=”highlighter–hover-tools” style=”display: none;”> <div id=”highlighter–hover-tools–container”> <div class=”highlighter–icon highlighter–icon-copy” title=”Copy”></div> <div class=”highlighter–icon highlighter–icon-change-color” title=”Change Color”></div> <div class=”highlighter–icon highlighter–icon-delete” title=”Delete”></div> </div> </div> <div id=”highlighter–hover-tools” style=”display: none;”> <div id=”highlighter–hover-tools–container”> <div class=”highlighter–icon highlighter–icon-copy” title=”Copy”></div> <div class=”highlighter–icon highlighter–icon-change-color” title=”Change Color”></div> <div class=”highlighter–icon highlighter–icon-delete” title=”Delete”></div> </div> </div>

How do I tell bbpress to NOT display all that html?

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, can you confirm that this is what is in the forum content? I can then try and help from there

valarcher
    Participant

@valarcher

Hi Robin – yes, if I do a ctrl-U on the forum page in bbpress, I see it. Oh I just clicked edit on each forum in wordpress and found it there and deleted it, so now they display correctly. I have *no* idea why astra adds all that junk html after title & descr, another bug!

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar