Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

I've installed bbPress v1.0.2, But it doesn't look like this site!

• Hello everyone,

Today I’ve installed bbPress v1.0.2 on my local machine, But it doesn’t seem to look like this forum here.

Usually the official site uses the script as it is. But this one is different.

So, What version of bbPress is installed here, and which theme or plugins are being used?

Thanks.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

• mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

This site uses a custom theme, not publicly available. Sorry.

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

This site uses a custom theme, not publicly available. Sorry.

So, This is only a theme difference? No core changes or additional plugins installed??

So, This is only a theme difference? No core changes or additional plugins installed??

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

Exactly. =)

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

Exactly. =)

jurasiks
    Participant

@jurasiks

@TheNet: this site is powered by WordPress + bbPress

jurasiks
    Participant

@jurasiks

@TheNet: this site is powered by WordPress + bbPress

@jurasiks, And what different does that make?!

@jurasiks, And what different does that make?!

Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

I believe this is just a standard bbPress install with tweaks for the plugin repo and the rest of the pages.

I don’t know if WordPress is intergrated.

Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

I believe this is just a standard bbPress install with tweaks for the plugin repo and the rest of the pages.

I don’t know if WordPress is intergrated.

Tweaks for the plugin repo?

Also the question remains, What difference does it make to have WordPress integrated?

Tweaks for the plugin repo?

Also the question remains, What difference does it make to have WordPress integrated?

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Thi is a unique theme. It has not been released.

It’s not overly hard to replicate from code on this forum.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Thi is a unique theme. It has not been released.

It’s not overly hard to replicate from code on this forum.

@ kevinjohngallagher and @ the rest of the bbpress staff.

I landed on bbpress searching for a nice forum, and i’ve found it because I do use wordpress.

Well, as any other person, I’m impressed by the apperiance and because I found it really attractive, I decide to download and mess myself up to install it and get it working (not much hard to be true).

When at the end I find that the look and mainly the page setup is totally different… you should understand @TheNet (who started this topic).

Anyway, I think that bbPress staff, should at least release such kind of three columns layout for the main page.

This for the simple reason that there is a number of new bbpress users that would start using this forum because they like as they see it and also because it is more logic and readable such kind of layout.

The same % of people, and I suppose they are not the minimum part, is choosing wordpress and would choose bbpress, because they are simple and effective without being an html-css-php-GURU

This may potentially lead to have them to try bbPress out, see that this kind ot theme layout is missing, see that is not easy to find bbPress themes out there and f**k-bbPress-off :-(.

Not realy a good idea in terms of bbPress spreading.

Hope bbPress staff will think about this.

@ kevinjohngallagher and @ the rest of the bbpress staff.

I landed on bbpress searching for a nice forum, and i’ve found it because I do use wordpress.

Well, as any other person, I’m impressed by the apperiance and because I found it really attractive, I decide to download and mess myself up to install it and get it working (not much hard to be true).

When at the end I find that the look and mainly the page setup is totally different… you should understand @TheNet (who started this topic).

Anyway, I think that bbPress staff, should at least release such kind of three columns layout for the main page.

This for the simple reason that there is a number of new bbpress users that would start using this forum because they like as they see it and also because it is more logic and readable such kind of layout.

The same % of people, and I suppose they are not the minimum part, is choosing wordpress and would choose bbpress, because they are simple and effective without being an html-css-php-GURU

This may potentially lead to have them to try bbPress out, see that this kind ot theme layout is missing, see that is not easy to find bbPress themes out there and f**k-bbPress-off :-(.

Not realy a good idea in terms of bbPress spreading.

Hope bbPress staff will think about this.

You can get most of the themes here – http://bbninja.com/bbpress-themes/

You can get most of the themes here – http://bbninja.com/bbpress-themes/

@ Ashfame: I thank you, but in the mean time I suppose your answer is directed to all the readers, ’cause obviously that one is the first site I’ve found while searching for bbPress themes.

The issue is that none of the two themes bundled with bbPress and none of the themes you can find out there is structured and logical as the one that any new potential bbpress user finds on the bbpress.org forum.

Two columns https://bbpress.org/forums/

on the left forums like a navigation menu

in the middle, recent topics

on the left bottom the rest

At least, for non-gurus, the staff should provide the instructions on how to customize the position of those “areas” (if they don’t want to share their theme – and I warn them that this is against any product-spreading-logic)

The best is to provide a really similar layout maybe with other colors and fonts.

To give you an idea, if you goto phpbb community forum, “what you see is what you get” and this is the correct approach… meant as prevent yourself hurting who will try out your product.

I hope you understand this is a kind suggestion to bbPress staff.

And again @ kevinjohngallagher, you should consider that those who may spread your product, most of the time, are not coders nor html-css-php experts. So, no layouts available and no easy customization instructions means no spreading, that as obvious consequence, could lead to no success of bbpress.

Robert

@ Ashfame: I thank you, but in the mean time I suppose your answer is directed to all the readers, ’cause obviously that one is the first site I’ve found while searching for bbPress themes.

The issue is that none of the two themes bundled with bbPress and none of the themes you can find out there is structured and logical as the one that any new potential bbpress user finds on the bbpress.org forum.

Two columns https://bbpress.org/forums/

on the left forums like a navigation menu

in the middle, recent topics

on the left bottom the rest

At least, for non-gurus, the staff should provide the instructions on how to customize the position of those “areas” (if they don’t want to share their theme – and I warn them that this is against any product-spreading-logic)

The best is to provide a really similar layout maybe with other colors and fonts.

To give you an idea, if you goto phpbb community forum, “what you see is what you get” and this is the correct approach… meant as prevent yourself hurting who will try out your product.

I hope you understand this is a kind suggestion to bbPress staff.

And again @ kevinjohngallagher, you should consider that those who may spread your product, most of the time, are not coders nor html-css-php experts. So, no layouts available and no easy customization instructions means no spreading, that as obvious consequence, could lead to no success of bbpress.

Robert

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar