Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

It's over

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Thanks Raize,

I’ve not had a good laugh on these forums in months :)

VanillaForums (v1) was a good effort, for a small few it matched their needs well, and certainly had a community that wanted to drive it on. v2 though, and it’s 2.5 year development cycle, has been quite disasterous with some brilliant spin.

The plan to move to a custom built platform “Garden” (their equivalent of backPress) was re-written twice over 2 years, and just 3 months ago they also changed how all v2 forums are themed – by using an external templating system called Smarty instead of PHP.

That said, it’s not like bbPress is without it’s issues either (people in glass houses etc…), but given the poor state of a just released and not brilliantly tested software thats taken over 2 years to throw together… I’d probably not make too many assumptions that it’s going to impact other software in the same vertical, ha, and I’d sure as heck not tell people to pack their bags ;-)

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Nothing is over unless you don’t know how to code and are in a rush.

bbPress is very stable and very fast and there are literally ten thousand sites using it.

Every month that goes by you’ll simply have more options.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Bluto: Over? Did you say “over”? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Oh, that funny page I missed in my (german) schoolbooks ’bout WWII, they telled me the Japaneses had bombed Pearl Harbor…

Over ?

Don’t worry !In fact, we’re just getting started

Haha,

have you even seen Vanilla from close?

Vanilla comes never on my host!

The only comment I can make here is that they are moving forward and making progress…I don’t see much of that happening here unfortunately :(

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar