Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Is there a working plugin for post previews?

• AdamDobay
    Participant

@adamdobay

For the past hour I’ve been hunting a post preview plugin.

The plugin repository was no help, as for the forum and Google, all I’ve found is topics from 3 to 8 years ago, with people complaining about bugs in plugins that have no links to them, or links that have become obsolete.

So, has there been any post review plugins made that have stood the test of time?

Thanks,
    Adam

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

palmdoc
    Participant

@palmdoc

Thanks for the tip.
    Seems to work but there is a delay

AdamDobay
    Participant

@adamdobay

What a cute little plugin.

It works unlike a normal “Preview” as the text appears in a “Preview” field under the editor window, with a few second delay after typing, which is fine.

Thanks Robkk.

palmdoc
    Participant

@palmdoc

What about inline images? The preview doesn’t seem to show up the images – unless it’s just me.

Robkk

@robkk

you could also just activate the visual editor too.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-enable-tinymce-visual-tab/

Stagger Lee
    Participant

@stagger-lee

This plugin shows all my attachment from media library in preview. Dont know why, i disabled it.

Robkk

@robkk

@stagger-lee

there is an option to enable the media upload button in the visual editor plugin.

it should only show up for users that have the ability to upload files

to not show it all you have to do is go to settings>forums and disable it.

Stagger Lee
    Participant

@stagger-lee

@Robkk

What is name of this option ? I cannot find it.
    I dont use plugin for visual editor, only manual code and media button is deactivated.

Preview even doesnt work for non-admins. As I see “detach” option in images, I suspect GD bbPress Tools-Attachments is making this problem.

Stagger Lee
    Participant

@stagger-lee

Yes, so it is vith github and updates. I had some old code, testing something on my old website. Noticed on github changes for GD Attachments.
    Now it works very nice.

Put this plugin in WP repository. It is very unique.

nimon
    Participant

@nimon

I am using LaTeX to construct a forum about mathematics and I have searched hard to find something which will allow users to preview their LaTeX output before publishing. The plugin by r-a-y works beautifully. Thank you for this.

nimon
    Participant

@nimon

AND I just discovered, if you combine it with QuickLaTeX, making a mistake produces the LaTeX error message with detailed information on the error right in the preview box. This is simply amazing.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar