Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

internal server error

• peoriachuck
    Participant

@peoriachuck

I am unable to view the Reply list in the dashboard menu, instead I get an Internal Server Error page. On the Topic page, I see that I have a total of 29 replies, but on the dashboard home page it says that I have 33. I believe there are replies that are causing this problem, but I can’t get to them to delete or change them. I believe they are untitled and associated with any Topic. Any help would be appreciated….

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • If you always get Internal Server Error, then you might have a conflicting plugin or theme. Try to disable some.

For the count you:
    – could use the bbPress repair tools for recalculating
    – need to be sure these are not hidden or marked as spam, but counted anyway.

Pascal.

peoriachuck
    Participant

@peoriachuck

I’ve disabled the plugins one at a time, and no change. Every time I click on “Replies” in the dashboard menu I get the Internal Server Error. As for the counting of the replies, I cannot get to the listing in the dashboard, therefore I have no idea how they are counted.

Another symptom just discovered….the forum participants do not see any of the forum Topics, whereas I see all of them when I’m logged in.

peoriachuck
    Participant

@peoriachuck

OK…partially resolved.

There were 4 replies that were causing the problem. The only way that I could view them was to visit the forum, click on my profile (name/photo) in the forum and view created replies for my account. From there I “trashed” the four replies that were not assigned to a topic or forum, and the Internal Server Error went away. That part is resolved, although there seems to be a bug associated with this.

While troubleshooting the above mentioned problem, I tried repairing bbpress via the Tools>Forum screen. I repaired every item in the list….and now the problem I’m having is that none of the forum Participants can see any of the Topics in the forum. Administrators can, Participants cannot. I’m now trying to resolve this. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thank you.

peoriachuck
    Participant

@peoriachuck

The repair steps changed the Participant grant/deny settings. The Participant problem is resolved.

Back to the first issue, I’m unable to view the Replies in “trash”….I get the Internal Server Error when I try to view the Trash list. If you have any ideas on how I can empty the Replies Trash, please let me know.

Thank you.

Hi peoriachuck,

Thanks for solving most of your own issues 🙂

Are you a keymaster when you try to view the trashed topics ?
    Who can view the trash is depending on the permissions you have. Check ‘view_trash’ on https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/before-installing/bbpress-user-roles-and-capabilities/

Pascal.

peoriachuck
    Participant

@peoriachuck

Yes, I was logged in as the keymaster.

There is something wrong with the actual Replies in the Trash. For some reason they are corrupt or flagged wrong in the database. It seems to me that when they were added (through the dashboard, not the forum) they were not liked by the server. It doesn’t cause a problem today, but the Trash feature for Replies is no longer available to me. That may cause difficulty for me later.

Robkk

@robkk

It seems to me that when they were added (through the dashboard, not the forum) they were not liked by the server.

I couldn’t duplicate this issue you are getting by not assigning a reply a topic and forum.

You can try these steps listed in this guide to possibly resolve an internal server error.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Common_WordPress_Errors#Internal_Server_Error

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar