Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Integrating bbPress into my site

• Hi everybody,

I just installed bbPress including the whole integration process for sharing account information between WP and bbPress and everything works perfect so far. Now I am wondering: Is it possible to display the bbPress forum within my wordpress installation, like in the same place my pages and articles would usually load. Or does it have to load in a seperate window? Couldn’t find an answer to that in the Doc, hope you could provide me with an answer.

Greetings and keep up the great work,

MrMister

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• chengdu-living
    Participant

@chengdu-living

I’m not an expert, but from what I’ve gathered, you’ll need to copy or duplicate some parts of your WordPress design into a bbPress theme. So they will look the same and there won’t be a noticeable transition between the two. Unfortunately there isn’t an automatic way to do this, each theme works differently. If you’re using a popular theme with a large community around it, you might be able to find someone who’s already made those changes and can share them with you. Good luck

Hey there,

thanks for the fast reply – I already guessed that integrating the forum into the main site would be a bump. Too bad there is no hook you can use to output the forum somewhere in the main template when it’s called.

Thanks anyway, I will see if I can mod the bbPress theme to suit my needs.

Greetings,

MrMister

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar